Need Help

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
bigsummitmetalart
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Need Help

Post by bigsummitmetalart »

Hello I am new to this and just learning and have tried tracing this to create it as a dxf and cannot get it to work. I'm hoping someone can help me. Thanks in advance:)

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Need Help

Post by muzza »

Not exactly sure what you are after so here are three dxf's of the three colors, black layer, white layer, grey layer.
You'll still need to bridge any letters requiring bridges unless you're doing layers.
Murray
SSR.jpg
SSR.dxf

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

bigsummitmetalart
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by bigsummitmetalart »

Wow!! Thank you so much for your help:) It is greatly appreciated!! :D
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

That's a funny one, I actually traced it in your last thread so I could get the independant letters in vector. Then I stuck some of the lower case vector letters in a row and converted them back to a bitmap to submit to "What The Font".

I had an unusual problem with Coreldraws auto trace though. Any of the inside parts of the letters would not trace, only the outside (for example inside the D and the E). I solved it by converting the original image to a different type of bitmap, then all of the letters traced.

Another tracing program I have in demo mode is Vector Magic ($300 to buy) and it traced the original no problem and gave a perfect result. I've talked with some "heavies" (graphic designers) that have both Adobe Illustrator and Coreldraw, but they use Vector Magic for most of their tracing.

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”