Dr who

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
coyote577
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Dr who

Post by coyote577 »

I'm new to the forum, and plasma tables, but not new to ACAD and PSP, so I'm trying my hand at drawing .pcm and .DXF files
just for fun here is one for my kids Dr. Who fans.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Last edited by coyote577 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zippo
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Dr who

Post by Zippo »

Tried to take a look at your dxf file, but was unable to open it.........
coyote577

Post by coyote577 »

Sorry it's done in ACAD 2010, and Paint shop pro I'll reload an older version

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

cjdauthier
1.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by cjdauthier »

Just a tip...the pic is a plasmacam (as you indicated) picture...your lead ins for some of your smaller detailed cuts are outside of the actual cut out itself...this is because you selected each cut out itself and used the P (path) function and manually selected each cut path. Not only does this take forever on larger designs, it also leads to the issues you have on this cut out....if you are sure to have a "closed" loop on the outside of your image that you are cutting, you can just highlight the entire image, select the P fuction, and make one click on the outside line, and all closed loops inside will be selected, and the lead ins contained inside the actual drop out. All open lines will have to be manually selected though, in this scenario....

You may possibly know this, and this was an older image, if so, not trying to be a mister smarty pants......just trying to lend a hand.....if you're like me, I was too impatient to read before I started, and I can remember selecting cut paths like the earlier method, and doing it for an hour or so for large files.... :shock:
coyote577

Post by coyote577 »

Thank you 1000 times I've been doing them the "HARD" way for about 60 cutouts.
cjdauthier

Post by cjdauthier »

No problem...keep in mind that if you have lines (non-closed paths) on the inside of your image, they will not be selected by the method I said...you can select them individually if you would like after you convert (they will be white until you convert them) the rest of the image...then you go to the function near the path function in the dropdown (sorry I am drawing a blank right now and am not by my computer), but it is where you order paths...just click on the reorder paths tab, then "make last", and click on the outside of your image...that way everything on the inside will be cut first...if not, it will cut by order you select it....which would be everything inside, the outside, then the lines you manually select on the inside...if it is a large cutout, fine....but sometimes the small stuff will move around on you after it is cut away from the main piece on the table...if any of this is making sense.....
coyote577

Post by coyote577 »

Makes perfect sense to me, do the closed loop path, then pick the lines or open loops so that they are in the cut path the move the outer loop to cut last in the order.
It took me 10 minutes to re-do the amy pond drawing from scratch. Thanks again.

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”