Fireplace screen

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
GoingCustom
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Fireplace screen

Post by GoingCustom »

One of the last things to finish on the remodel of my house is the fireplace and media shelves. Decided to go with something a little more modern for the screen (16 gauge, but building a frame out of 3/4 for the back and to hold in the metal screen behind it). The base board/corner at the front of the stone is 3/16 cut in to 4" strips. The masonary screws will be covered with 2" bolt heads. Flash stopped working on my cellphone, so sorry for the poor quality of the pics.

Travis
http://www.goingcustom.com
one of a kind gates, fine art and CNC designs
SCHIDTHEAD
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Fireplace screen

Post by SCHIDTHEAD »

That pattern will look sweet with a fire behind it; nice design and job!
"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."--Thomas Paine 1776
GoingCustom

Post by GoingCustom »

SCHIDTHEAD wrote:That pattern will look sweet with a fire behind it; nice design and job!
Thank you :) I'll post some more pictures once it's finished.
Travis
GoingCustom

Post by GoingCustom »

Was time to upgrade from my 10 gallon acid bath to a 50 gallon.

Trying to find the right hinges, but here it is cleaned up. Only thing that's going to change will be adding fireplace screen, which I have, but need to figure out the hinges first. I want it to go pretty much straight up or out and up if that makes sense? So if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to chime in.
Travis
metalart
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by metalart »

Looks great! Thanks for sharing!
BrianMick
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BrianMick »

GoingCustom wrote:Was time to upgrade from my 10 gallon acid bath to a 50 gallon.

Trying to find the right hinges, but here it is cleaned up. Only thing that's going to change will be adding fireplace screen, which I have, but need to figure out the hinges first. I want it to go pretty much straight up or out and up if that makes sense? So if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to chime in.
How do those rubbermaid tubs work? Do they keep the acid fumes in and sealed or do they leak?
just curious as I use a large cooler to store my acid, but want something larger. What else do you guys use for your acid baths?
Brian
JEd
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by JEd »

I use a large rubbermaid tub. It is certainly not airtight. I keep it outside away from everything. I'd like to find something with a tighter sealing lid and large enough to hold a 2x4' piece.

And to stay on topic, that fireplace looks awesome.
mike66
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by mike66 »

I had been using a large 24x30 tub withabout 6" of acid mix in it ,but I quickly found that I needed bigger so I built one.Treated 2x6's ,treated 3/4 plywood for fixed bottom and hinged top lined with 40 mil pvc shower drain pan liner(just be careful not to drop anything in that might cut the liner).It wound up at a finished inside of 45"x60" with about 3" of acid mix.

mike66
Catgraphics
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Catgraphics »

nice screen i have a question about the acid i used some about a month back and then sanded it up and cleared it but i had poblems with instant surfice rust but got it sprayed realy fast but it has rusted through the clear so my question is what can i do to get past this rust isue thanks for all your help all

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”