Display size.

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
voxicon90
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Display size.

Post by voxicon90 »

Is there an option to display the size(height & width) of ...shapes at all times, or perhaps a toggling option?
After making a rectangle for example, I forget what digits I typed in as I rarely look at what I'm typing in, so I have to measure it or delete and remake...

thanks
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Display size.

Post by Joe Jones »

If you have the Advanced Design Upgrade, you can add dimensions as needed. However, the software does not automatically display dimensions. You can click on a line and press F8 to get the length of that line, but if it is a box or another shape, you will need to break the line at the ends you want to measure, and then use F8 to get the length of that segment.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

I use a grid rather than grate points in display settings and set to 1" spacing so there is an array of dots on 1" centers to quickly glance and get an approximate size.
If you don't have advanced design and want a dimension a rectangle, you don't have to break anything - just press F8 with nothing selected then use N for node point snap and click at one corner and N for node point snap again and click the other corner. For a circle diameter, use Q for quadrant snap at opposite sides.

Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

There are MANY ways to measure something while using BASIC design software, and a couple more ways when using the advanced design upgrade.

The node snap method mentioned above is only useful only when you are measuring a straight line between two known points. Otherwise, another method will need to be used.

DesignEdge offers several ways to measure something. You just have to think outside of the box a bit. :mrgreen:

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

To answer your original question, NO, DesignEdge does not have the ability to automatically place dimensions into a drawing.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”