LDR Operating Software

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Davemg44
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

LDR Operating Software

Post by Davemg44 »

We have an LDR tubing cutter. The machine was operating until the computer grenaded and we lost the operating software. Does anyone know where we can find software that will get our machine up and running again???
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: LDR Operating Software

Post by weldguy »

Have you tried contacting Dan at LDR?
Davemg44
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Davemg44 »

Yes we have. He sold the business a couple of years ago and only left an email address which he hasn't replied to. We tried to contact the new owners to see if they could help and no reply to emails and the phone just rings. We assume they are out of business. We have since moved to installing Mach4 and are currently figuring out how to make our machine run. I appreciate your reply.
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

That is very unfortunate, I had no idea that they had sold or were out of business. At least you have a quality platform to get Mach4 going on. Best of luck and would like hear how this worked out for you once your done. Best of luck.
Davemg44
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Davemg44 »

I will update this thread once we have it up and running, hopefully by the end of the year.
Mxknutt
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Mxknutt »

If it helps, CandCNC is what they used for control box, the site is https://www.candcnc.com. I bought a LDR table through an auction and they helped me get it running again.
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

weldguy wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:40 pm That is very unfortunate, I had no idea that they had sold or were out of business. At least you have a quality platform to get Mach4 going on. Best of luck and would like hear how this worked out for you once your done. Best of luck.
Not exactly. If its older its MACH3 and the hardware and plug-ins are for MACH3 . Won't work with MACH4.
If its newer is CommandCNC for Linux. In either case we can help. Limited help on a MACH3 system if it has to be loaded from scratch.

There are upgrade options available OR a placement using the new Home Shop controller
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

They sold out and not to long ago the entire building (historic old Nerw England barn burned to the ground and the new owner lost everything . Closed up shop.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”