CAD Design for P51 Mustang Replica

If you are looking for help with a file conversion please post it here rather than in the file sharing forums.
marianmadalin32
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

CAD Design for P51 Mustang Replica

Post by marianmadalin32 »

Hello. Sorry to disturb. My name is Marian Madalin, a male engineer from Bucharest, Romania. I want to build a P51 Mustang Replica for display, I have some sponsors here who help me with free materials and services. I want to use the drawings of mr. Marcel Jurca to do the parts and assembly, but the drawings are in PDF, and I want an assumed, responsible, serious volunteer CAD engineer to help me redraw the drawings from the PDF and put them into DXF files, so it can be easily cut on CNC from plywood, aluminium, steel etc... I have some progress on the frames and formers (pictures in private). The Mustang will be displayed for a new aviation museum project I am currently developing. The CAD engineer will be mentioned on the sponsor's list on the project website.
Whitten
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: CAD Design for P51 Mustang Replica

Post by Whitten »

Hello, I am interested in seeing your project can I see some of the PDF files you are talking about for reference?
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Larry83301 »

This is te program I use to convert from PDF to DXF. It will depend on what was saved in the PDF but it works for me on lots of files.

Aide PDF to DXF Converter

Larry
tinspark
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tinspark »

Larry83301 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:44 am This is te program I use to convert from PDF to DXF. It will depend on what was saved in the PDF but it works for me on lots of files.
Aide PDF to DXF Converter
Larry
Larry that program looks really handy!
If one did a lot of drawings that come from a pdf file and needed an easy way to convert into autocad for modifying plans etc (ie draftsman etc). Or even pdf images too, this looks like it would be the bomb. Especially if someone were paying an hourly rate to redraw stuff, this looks to be a great value at $176.00.
I have had success in inkscape the few times that I have had a need to covert a pdf to dxf, but this looks to be much easier, and a great value for at that price.
The OP mentioned that he wants a free-bee and likely threw his request on as many sites as available (claims to be from Romania) since he may (or may not be) donating his time too. That is a BIG ask to reach out without drawings, history on this site, and a just a "STORY". If it were such a grand opportunity, why are people not lining up in his neck of the woods to help out for free with this grand and alleged noble cause..
imo :HaHa
Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Height Control/Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm 45XP-
Logan Lathe + myriads of other shop toys
**CAUTION**- "Does Not Play Well With Others" :)
tinspark

Post by tinspark »

He joined 10/14. posted 10/14 and has not been back on this site since..... you guessed it. 10/14
Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Height Control/Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm 45XP-
Logan Lathe + myriads of other shop toys
**CAUTION**- "Does Not Play Well With Others" :)

Return to “File Conversion Help Wanted”