Hypertherm powermax 45 xp micro sd card reader slot

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Nozzilla
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hypertherm powermax 45 xp micro sd card reader slot

Post by Nozzilla »

Hello everyone,

I've been having issues with my 45xp for sometime now. I've been trying to diagnose and fix it myself. I've been reading the service manual and digging inside the unit quite a bit and discovered a micro sd card reader slot at j16. It says "for internal use only". I'm just wondering what that is used for. I couldn't find anything on Google about it and the service manual doesn't mention it either.
Attachments
Screenshot_20231016_234151_Samsung Notes.jpg
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hypertherm powermax 45 xp micro sd card reader slot

Post by weldguy »

Not 100% sure but would guess it is used for firmware updates. I am sure Jim Cold knows, maybe he will chime in.
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

JIm Colt no longer works at Hypertherm He has been retired for 3 years. Don't see him posting much anywhere. Hypertherm does not have anyone that covers the forums like Jim did.
Since the entire machine runs via microprocessors there needs to be some way to load firmware. There are some diagnostics built into the LCD panel
You might list the issues and when they occur.
Nozzilla
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Nozzilla »

Jim actually responded a week or so on my first post on the issue. He helped me get to what I believe is the culprit. I am just trying to rule everything out before I drop $1000 on a new power board. Plus my plasma cutter runs perfect besides when it faults out, seems like a waste of a power board if its something less severe. Here's a link to my original post with my issue if anyone is curious. Couldn't find much on the web or forums with any similar issues. viewtopic.php?t=35902

Thanks for all the info on the sd card reader!

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”