Return Miller 875 Spectrum to factory

Discussion forum for Lincoln & Miller plasma cutters
hsagteach
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Return Miller 875 Spectrum to factory

Post by hsagteach »

I recently purchased a Hypertherm 45xp with machine torch for our Plasmacam at the high school I teach at. I had a Miller875 on it but I didn't like the lack of fine cut consumables nor the ability for my students to exceed 45 amps with the 45 amp consumables that I normally run in it. It has a hand torch on it but I would basically like to return it to service as a hand machine because there is nothing wrong with it. Took the cover off to remove the CPC cable and it looks pretty straight forward to remove but I wanted to ask on here if there are any other settings I need to ensure are correct before putting it all back together and returning it to service. Attached is a picture of where the CPC cable and it's terminal points.
Miller.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Return Miller 875 Spectrum to factory

Post by djreiswig »

Guessing you don't actually have the CPC which is a Circular Plastic Connector built into the rear of the case. If you have an aftermarket interface cable, it looks like you just need to unhook from the red spades and put that white wire back together. I assume that is the trigger. The other two wires are for arc voltage. You can just disconnect the added wires.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Return Miller 875 Spectrum to factory

Post by weldguy »

No you can just unplug the spade terminals and plug the 2 whites back together and remove the other 2 wires with the ring terminals and your good to go. You will like the new plasma I am sure.

Return to “Lincoln & Miller Plasma Cutters”