Messer Plasma doesnt have any functions

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
spud30507
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Messer Plasma doesnt have any functions

Post by spud30507 »

I have a Messer plasma table, and when I turn the machine on I have zero functions of the gantry. I am receiving no alarms or anything. I try to move the gantry in any direction and get no response. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Messer Plasma doesnt have any functions

Post by weldguy »

When you turn the machine on do the motors engage? You may hear them hum or buzz when engaged. Also you will likely not be able to push teh gantry around by hand if the motors are receiving power and engaged.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Different control software use different safety methods, Mach and UCCNC have a reset that flashes and needs to be reset before things can move. LinuxCNC you need to click on a ON button, with that said. Are the buttons you are pushing to activate movements grayed out ( none functional) which would indicate something needs to be reset or cleared before other thing can happen?? Another thing have you checked to see if maybe the power for some portion of the table control may be not working, motor driver power or others.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Normally on my AvidCNC with stepper motor I can hear the motors engage when I power it up. Tom and weldguy give some excellent advise.

David

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”