PWM sensor

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Chromedome13
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

PWM sensor

Post by Chromedome13 »

Hello,
I am new here and I am trying to find help on where to get a new PWM sensor. It's a Sensor PWM digital plasma module. There is no part # that I can tell, but on the back it says THC sensor PWM REV21. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
Jim
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: PWM sensor

Post by adbuch »

Perhaps post a photo of the part.
David
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by djreiswig »

Sounds like a CandCNC part.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
Chromedome13
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Chromedome13 »

Thanks for all the responses. I did find a PWM sensor from CNCandC. We got it put in and we are able to get the torch to fire, but now the issue is the torch lifts up to pierce, performs pierce, but then drops down on the material and drags around, which is causing improper holes and edges. 😕 we have checked all heights, tools, material thickness, tolerances etc... And nothing is working to change what it's doing. Any ideas?
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

yeah, go to our support forum and post along with looking at dozens of answers to similar issues.

I that does not work then use the RFS (request for support) that goes directly to Engineering.

There are lots of resources you can use. There are hundreds of pages of manuals for all generations sof units. The DTHC manual has a section called : "Initial Cut Test| It gives you a series of tests to run to narrow down where the problem is if you have height issues.

As you found out the rev21 is an old PWM model but the current models are plug compatible If you have the rest of the controls , while the PWM may not be individually marked the main control bos is and the PWM is part of the system.
OldHippie62
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by OldHippie62 »

Sounds Like you need to set your Arc Voltages.If you are using SheetCam, You can go to your tool table and set them there.Most manufacturers of plasma power units have a pretty comprehensive setup in there manuals for Mechanized plasma tables. I use these charts as a guideline and adjust accordingly.
Chromedome13
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Chromedome13 »

I will see if I can get a look at the Arc Voltages. Would that be whats causing it to drop on the material? We can put a piece of metal under the torch just prior to it firing off to cut and that "fools" it into staying up off the material and then it cuts pretty well.
OldHippie62
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by OldHippie62 »

Are you using a pierce delay? if so try setting it to 0.in most cases I do not set one with the exception of 3/8-1/2", and then it's like 1 sec.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”