Hypertherm 45xp removing plasma can cpc cable

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
MetalHouseFab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hypertherm 45xp removing plasma can cpc cable

Post by MetalHouseFab »

Hey guys,
I recently sold my z-2 and kept my 45xp hypertherm to use. I don't have my owners DVD anymore.
I am looking for pics or directions to remove my cpc cable and use machine manually without cnc.
I called plasma cam and they said they can't help me.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hypertherm 45xp removing plasma can cpc cable

Post by adbuch »

I believe that you will need to become a Contributing Member to see photos at this site. If you are referring to the Plasmacam Torch Control cable installed to your cutter, then simply plug in the jumper plug that came with your cable to enable manual cutting.

David
MetalHouseFab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by MetalHouseFab »

Thank you for the quick response! The adapter plugs into my cable but other side has 4 wires to plug into something?
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

MetalHouseFab wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:37 pm Thank you for the quick response! The adapter plugs into my cable but other side has 4 wires to plug into something?
I would post some pictures, but you can't see them unless you become a Contributing Member.
David
1MORECUT
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by 1MORECUT »

If your just removing the PlasmaCam control cable remove all the wires and just plug the purple wire back together.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

MetalHouseFab wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:37 pm Thank you for the quick response! The adapter plugs into my cable but other side has 4 wires to plug into something?
The manual cutting jumper plug has 4 wires. The two that are plugged together are the ones that effectively "jumper" the purple trigger wire to enable manual cutting. The other two are for testing, and you don't need to worry about those. So no need to open up your plasma cutter and mess around with the wires inside - just plug in the jumper plug/adapter and you should be good to go.

David
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

If you are talking about the wired in torch control cable from PlasmaCAM (CPC stands for circular plastic connector and is used as a plug in connector on the back where a cable goes to control a machine torch) then it's pretty straightforward as others have said. I wouldn't want that long wire hanging out of the back (the new GoTorch owner would probably have liked to have it lol).

Just take off the cover (instructions with pictures can be found in the operator and/or service manual that you can download at hypertherm.com. Unhook the wires from the torch control cable - the large red and black wire from the board, leaving any other wires on the posts, and the small black and white that go to the purple trigger wire. If connectors were put on according to instructions, you can plug those purple wires back together where they were cut when the cable was installed, either way - reattach the purple wire. Put it all back together and away you go.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

rdj357 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:25 am If you are talking about the wired in torch control cable from PlasmaCAM (CPC stands for circular plastic connector and is used as a plug in connector on the back where a cable goes to control a machine torch) then it's pretty straightforward as others have said. I wouldn't want that long wire hanging out of the back (the new GoTorch owner would probably have liked to have it lol).

Just take off the cover (instructions with pictures can be found in the operator and/or service manual that you can download at hypertherm.com. Unhook the wires from the torch control cable - the large red and black wire from the board, leaving any other wires on the posts, and the small black and white that go to the purple trigger wire. If connectors were put on according to instructions, you can plug those purple wires back together where they were cut when the cable was installed, either way - reattach the purple wire. Put it all back together and away you go.
:Like :Like :Like

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”