Need help from ESAB owners with ANC55 controller

Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter discussion forum.
Phill7even
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Need help from ESAB owners with ANC55 controller

Post by Phill7even »

A friend of mine bought an ESAB plasma cutter recently and he hasn't been successful in starting it. When the machine starts up, an error occurs saying that MC can't find or recognize the control panel. I suspect that the guy who sold him the machine might have replaced a part within the ANC55 controller. I'd really appreciate if someone could help me confirm or deny this.

Attached bellow is an image where I have designated the location where a tag should be placed with the manufacturer model of that specific PCB(printed circuit board) on the inside of the ANC55 controller. Although my client's controller is designated on the outside, from a different tag, as ANC55 this specific PCB is tagged as ANC52-BD. I suspect that the guy who sold him the machine just replaced this specific part hoping that it would be compatible with the machine.
viber_image_2023-08-15_17-04-52-950.jpg
I'd really appreciate if someone could help me by checking if that specific part is designated as ANC55-BD or ANC52-BD in their ANC55 controller. This way I can be sure that this part was not tinkered with by the seller.

I have also attached below an image of the tag within my friend's machine.
Untitled.png

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “Thermal Dynamics / Esab Plasma Cutters”