Sync systems , wheres the proof ?

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Sync systems , wheres the proof ?

Post by djreiswig »

rdj357 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:50 amHypertherm hasn't made a reputation for themselves of a company that is unfair to its customers.
So why did they suddenly discontinue selling the non-sync models? If the sync model is so good, let the consumer decide.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Same with last years cars. The dealer doesn't carry them anymore, but you can still find them on the secondary market.
David
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cuttinparts »

djreiswig wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:16 am
rdj357 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:50 amHypertherm hasn't made a reputation for themselves of a company that is unfair to its customers.
So why did they suddenly discontinue selling the non-sync models? If the sync model is so good, let the consumer decide.
Because guys like us who are pleased with our "old school" stack style consumables would ever buy a Sync model. It's force fed to us just like keyless cars and def fluid diesels.
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

It's amazing how resistant the human race is to change. lol

Exactly, the old model has been improved and so the old model is no longer produced. That's not being unfair to their customers, it's just a business decision that was made based on many factors.
cutnweld
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by cutnweld »

cuttinparts wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:22 am
djreiswig wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:16 am
Because guys like us who are pleased with our "old school" stack style consumables would ever buy a Sync model. It's force fed to us just like keyless cars and def fluid diesels.
Right. And the diesels can be deleted and run much better and will burn less fuel and yet somehow "output more emissions". Nuf said. The same with SYNC. It will be bypassed it's not if it will happen its a matter of time. And I still think the old style duramax consumables work better on thick material. I really like the sync fine cut as its cuts higher, therefore it seems that the tip lasts longer. But guess what, on really thick metal like 1" and above, I dont think the sync will work as well. There is more air gap, air is resistance, therefore they run at higher voltage all the time, therefore lowering the time it can run wide open before overheating, all the while using more electricity from the higher voltage- remember they are a constant current machine and Volts X Amps = watts. Saving us money by giving us more expensive consumables and making us burn more electricity. Sounds like the logic of the current government to me.
BTW while I do really like the sync fine cut, my 45 amp regular cartridge is absolutely no different, or maybe a little worse quality cut. No way I would want to run 85 amps thru such a chinsy looking thing as them.
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

cutnweld wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:46 pm
...... No way I would want to run 85 amps thru such a chinsy looking thing as them.
If it's of interest, a consulting customer asked me to come help them set up their new 85 SYNC with them. We cut an entire sheet of nested pipe flanges from 3/4" mild steel with a single 85A cartridge. It was still cutting fine and not giving an end of life message when we finished. Real personal experience.

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”