Acid or vinegar to clean water table

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
camotoe
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Acid or vinegar to clean water table

Post by camotoe »

A while back I coated my water table and slats with Ospho to cut down on rust that was building from a bad batch of plasma additive. It worked ok for a while then it turned into a science experiment with layers of skin forming on top of the water. It got real nasty.
Would it be a bad idea to clean it out real good, then fill the table with a mixture of water and vinegar or muratic acid to sit covered for a day or two? Has anyone done something like this help get a fresh start on the water pan? I hate to refill with $150 of additive and have the same reaction then start over.
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Acid or vinegar to clean water table

Post by cuttinparts »

Would certainly be a good idea to kill any bacteria before an expensive refill but I wouldn't use muratic acid. I am afraid that even covered it may end up rusting every steel part in your table like rack and pinion gears, rails, etc. Vinegar or bleach may be better. I wonder if you could just spray down all surfaces with straight vinegar or bleach rather than diluting it and filling the entire table.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Acid or vinegar to clean water table

Post by acourtjester »

How about Hydrogen peroxide since Covid you can get small spray bottles, I thing Walmart sells 1/2 QT bottles for about a $12.00
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”