Dynatorch - Powermax 85 Issues

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
OWF
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Dynatorch - Powermax 85 Issues

Post by OWF »

Approximately 6 months ago I purchased a Dynatorch XLE 5 x 10 Cutting Table and set it up with a Powermax 85. From the jump there were issues ranging from cut penetration on the 65 and 85 settings, Ohmic / THC sensor failures, horrendous kerf, and the circuit board now going to waste. Dynatorch was not very helpful at all, when they were in business up until May of this year, and I had a Hypertherm rep out once to review the issues but still no prevail. At this point, since Dynatorch is no longer in business, I am hoping there may be some individuals on this forum that may indulge their knowledge on similar issues he or she has run into. Here are a few issues I currently have:

1. Two Ohmic Sensor Resistors, on the gantry control box's circuit board, are fried (Attempting to replace circuit board)
* Why would these resistors burn out so soon when the table is practically brand new?
** No wiring schematics provided so there is no direction on fixing
2. Kerf consistency is all over the place and consumables are being burned through at an abnormal rate
*Follow cut chart settings as well as adjust to combat kerf but still terrible
3. Cutting @ 65 & 85 setting has less success and way less consistent in cuts
4. Cannot nest and cut 50 widgets out on 1/8" plate without the gantry crashing a dozen times, losing 10 - 15 of the parts to loss of arc, and having the remaining 35 - 40 widgets come out in all varieties of kerf direction

I have done the whole run around for months trying to figure this out and understand the basic check points of grounding, power, air, amperage, and cut chart settings but I am at the realm of cutting my losses.

Anyone out there that can help?
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Dynatorch - Powermax 85 Issues

Post by acourtjester »

It may help if you give your location to see if a local member could help.
Did you buy the table from the manufacturer of a person, if a person did you see it cut before you bought.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
cstroke
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by cstroke »

On my settings I always increase the voltage if it calls for 80 I run 83... If I dont do this I seem to crash more often, especially with thin art work and the machine making rapid moves back and forth.
I would call Russell hes where you get redirected if you go to Dynatorch. He's been there through the thick and thin and he honestly knows these machines inside and out.
Sad to see that company close up, my machines have been great, and service was always great too.
Russell@cncshopandservice.com
6’x12’ Dynatorch powermax 85
12’ Wysong brake
5’x 5/16’ wysong rolls
3.8’x10’ shear
65 Ton ironworker
Boss laser 3655 150 watt CO2.
SFX 100watt Mopa
Quicncy 7.5hp
Square wave tig, Multimatics, Miller bobcat efi.
steelfx
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by steelfx »

OWF wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:36 amApproximately 6 months ago I purchased a Dynatorch XLE 5 x 10 Cutting Table and set it up with a Powermax 85. From the jump there were issues ranging from cut penetration on the 65 and 85 settings, Ohmic / THC sensor failures, horrendous kerf, and the circuit board now going to waste. Dynatorch was not very helpful at all, when they were in business up until May of this year, and I had a Hypertherm rep out once to review the issues but still no prevail. At this point, since Dynatorch is no longer in business, I am hoping there may be some individuals on this forum that may indulge their knowledge on similar issues he or she has run into. Here are a few issues I currently have:

1. Two Ohmic Sensor Resistors, on the gantry control box's circuit board, are fried (Attempting to replace circuit board)
* Why would these resistors burn out so soon when the table is practically brand new?
** No wiring schematics provided so there is no direction on fixing
2. Kerf consistency is all over the place and consumables are being burned through at an abnormal rate
*Follow cut chart settings as well as adjust to combat kerf but still terrible
3. Cutting @ 65 & 85 setting has less success and way less consistent in cuts
4. Cannot nest and cut 50 widgets out on 1/8" plate without the gantry crashing a dozen times, losing 10 - 15 of the parts to loss of arc, and having the remaining 35 - 40 widgets come out in all varieties of kerf direction

I have done the whole run around for months trying to figure this out and understand the basic check points of grounding, power, air, amperage, and cut chart settings but I am at the realm of cutting my losses.

Anyone out there that can help?
I have a wiring diagram/schematic if you still need it.
Bill

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”