Selling someone elses design

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
SegoMan DeSigns
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Selling someone elses design

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

EastCoastOrnamental wrote:Brand new to the forum and the plasma world and would like to know what people think about this particular situation.

I found an octopus online (jpg photo) and I would like to trace it, edited it, then indexed it to cut for a customer. Is this theft in your eyes? I am new to this world and would like to operate ethically. It really didn't even cross my mind that it would be theft since I changed things and just basically used it as a base until I saw this thread. I'm guessing this is not an acceptable practice by the way this thread has gone. Please advise.

Sorry for the hijack, but since you were already in dialog so I figured it would be ok to ask here. Please delete if not appropriate.

If you wanted to split hairs you could say that the original photographer owes the octopus he took the picture of royalties and residuals :shock:
plasmaspaz
1 Star Elite Contributing Member
1 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmaspaz »

im just seeing this now.If you are the original artist of the said work and you have the copyright certificate i suggest contacting ebay.They use NOCI .You will have to file a "copyright infringement notice" with NOCI and supply them with the ebay item #s and within 24-48 hrs the listing will be removed.Im confident Amazon has a similar process.Ebay will not investigate it for you,you will need to find all the listings yourself.If you hold the copyright you need to enforce it.Once you are registered with NOCI the process is easier the second time.
Charleswoten
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Charleswoten »

happens to me all the time ... is what it is.
allan101
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by allan101 »

cost around 10k to take them to court, let us know if the court decides in your favour
Wick
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Wick »

So this is a topic that I have been wondering about because I have seen another post or 2 that slightly touched on this. I have not yet contributed because frankly I haven't figured this stuff out yet. I just got my table recently and I am not quite up and running yet. I have a few bugs to work out and a lot of learning to do. I can see both sides of this issue because I'm finding out real quick that designing and creating something that is table ready is not an easy task. At the same time, as far as files that are shared here, I would assume would be sold by at least some people that download them. I see many ideas on here that I would like to take and tweak and add my own flare or style to. Anyway I do believe that it is just good practice that if you are going to use files from here that it is a good idea to contribute as well. I plan to do so as soon as I figure out what the hell I'm doing. Overall I really like what I see her as far as people helping one another out and teaching the newbies like me. Send to be a great community of sorts

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”