plasma cam 3.11 software

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
kenny
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

plasma cam 3.11 software

Post by kenny »

Anyone out there using the old 3.11 software, I need help with import, export and converting a messy drawing to a clean one. If you live close to Pueblo Colorado I would love to take a few lessons.
Ken
AnotherDano
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: plasma cam 3.11 software

Post by AnotherDano »

You aren't far from the factory. Ask them if they have any on-site training. They might even have an employee who does a bit of freelancing.
If you want to take a scenic drive through Denver :( come on up to Laramie and we'll make a day or two of it.

Dano
Dano Roberts
droberts@ironpequod.com
PlasmaCam DHC-2 v3.11
Hypertherm PowerMax-30
Serving Laramie, Wy since Thursday
MIFab
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by MIFab »

Hey did you find help?
kenny
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by kenny »

AnotherDano wrote:You aren't far from the factory. Ask them if they have any on-site training. They might even have an employee who does a bit of freelancing.
If you want to take a scenic drive through Denver :( come on up to Laramie and we'll make a day or two of it.

Dano
I live about 30 miles from headquarters, and I have been there several times, they offer no classes. They will help if you set up an appointment. Usually for just small issues. Several of the workers live just a few miles from me and they are not allowed to help.
MIFab

Post by MIFab »

One of the workers was on a Facebook page and had posted some pics and what not one night then the next day he had pulled all pics and everything from the page and even fell off of facebook. Why is Plasamacam so afraid of helping its customer's out?
MIFab

Post by MIFab »

what do you need to know about import export for starters?
PlasmaMac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by PlasmaMac »

You can get the DesignEDGE for an older plasmacam pretty easily and from what I know and have seen, the designedge saves you a ton of time, especially when working with images compared to the older 3.11 software.

With designedge youll be able to import JPEG images directly in the program (with NO need to convert them into a BMP with MS paint first!!!! and best of all, you would no longer have to deal with all of the editing nightmares that can take up a ton of time). You can set up the Designedge to basically keep any sort of editing time to an absolute bare minimum! Some of the work that use to take hours to do other programs and is completely done and ready to cut in fraction of the time (even minutes most of the time)....I save a ton of time compared to pretty much any other CNC plasma based software that I have used.

You can even trace directly over the imported picture on the screen, And pretty easily turn this:
bb2.jpeg
bb2.jpeg (6.25 KiB) Viewed 8066 times
Into this:
Walter White.JPG
There is no doubt that the differences between the Designedge software and the older software, is immense. The designedge is also loaded with a ton of other features that make life easier, for example there over 500 fonts that are specifically made for metal working already loaded into the program. You can automatically stencil text too (so letters like "O", ect... do not fall out). You can also do things like combine text to different objects, and even fit text to different paths (ie and arc) part with a click of a mouse, instead of doing this work manually. Another feature that I enjoy really nice shape and parts library (with things like parts already per-loaded in them like flanges, gears, sprockets, saw blades, fan blades, and much more that I am not mentioning).

One of my favorite features, out of many that are included with Designedge, that is an absolute time saver is the ability to detect and fix over-lapping intersections when converting to a cut path (this feature alone can save you hours on a complicated art scene!). There are literally hundreds of features in designEDGE compared to the previous versions that not only save me money....but time (which is far more valuable to me personally). You couldn't pay me to go back to using any other software for CNC plasma cutting!(even 3.11)

Let me know if I can help. Good luck Brother,

JAG :idea:
abmetal
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by abmetal »

JAG,
I'd asked in an earlier post but for some reason the post disappeared....do you have the basic Designedge, advanced, or what? I've considered upgrading for some time but just haven't done it.

Allen
PlasmaMac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by PlasmaMac »

I got the advanced Designedge. It is worth every penny and if you use your machine at all, it will pays for it self!
'Plasmacam offers a 30 money back grantee for any software upgrades. Definitely give it a shot, I am sure that you'll love it as much as I do.

Let me know if I can help.

JAG
contraptionist
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by contraptionist »

Is there a place I can get the old design edge software or a place to download it, our machine we got used doesn`t have it, we would to see what the machine can do, the tech guy at plasmacam says we have a old machine and to look for someone with old software or buy the new software from them, thank you, tom.
justjiuit
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by justjiuit »

Does anyone have the old version, my son accidently loaded the new version and Plasmacam told me to delete it and it deleted all the software completely.

Thanks!
theaton1
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by theaton1 »

Hello, I am currently trying to get the new DesignEdge software from PlasmaCAM, telling them I am willing to immediately pay for it regardless of the cost but they seem to be taking their time on getting my machine registered to me (I also bought it used). Currently the machine has 3.1.1 on it and I have 2.1.1 on the computer I use to make designs. What I really want is the DesignEdge so I can see how much better it really is and, like a previous post states, spend less time preparing and more time cutting...time is money...even if it's just nickel and dime stuff. In short, if it is legal then I have the 2.1.1 and the 3.1.1 for those that do not have it. If it's not legal then I don't have it for distribution. :)
murrfin
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by murrfin »

If it is legal to give a copy, I need 3.1.1 murrfin@gmail.com if not thanks anyway
Jacampb2
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Jacampb2 »

I realize this is a Zombie thread, but I am hoping that someone here may have the plasmacam 3.11 software available. Long story short, I bought a used DHC2 table with no PC or software. Plasmacam initially said they would help me once I transferred ownership. I went through 2 weeks of jumping through hoops to get the ownership transferred (I bought this at a state surplus sale, so you can guess how fun tracking people down for transfer was). The paperwork plasmacam sent me specifically said the software license was transferred to me, however, after they saw my bill of sale for $125 on the table they decided they didn't want my business. The sales guy told me they don't have any copies of the old software to sell, then laughed and told me I shouldn't have bought a ten year old machine.

Anyhow, I'm looking for the old 3.11 software. I see theaton1 said he might have copies he was willing to share. I'm happy to pay for it. I do not want design edge regardless of how great many think it is. I have an Autocad seat I use for 2D drawings, I'm also quite proficient in fusion 360 and have no need for another $2k software package.

I'm on the verge of converting this table to a real motion control system. I have a spare 3 axis Galil controller sitting on the shelf in the shop, I would only need a few servo amps and stepper driver. The only reason I am trying to get the stock control running is due to the built in THC, but my patience is running thin with Plasmacam...

Thanks!
Jason Campbell
kthamm12
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by kthamm12 »

Not sure if you can PM yet, I know i cant,but I just went through this today and can help. Send me a PM if you can.
jballardtc12
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by jballardtc12 »

In need of 3.11 software for plasma cam at our tech college , in rock hill SC , plasma cam no longer supports this version only cd we have is version 2.11 any help would be greatly appreciated
Thekeshik
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Thekeshik »

Jacampb2 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:12 pm I realize this is a Zombie thread, but I am hoping that someone here may have the plasmacam 3.11 software available. Long story short, I bought a used DHC2 table with no PC or software. Plasmacam initially said they would help me once I transferred ownership. I went through 2 weeks of jumping through hoops to get the ownership transferred (I bought this at a state surplus sale, so you can guess how fun tracking people down for transfer was). The paperwork plasmacam sent me specifically said the software license was transferred to me, however, after they saw my bill of sale for $125 on the table they decided they didn't want my business. The sales guy told me they don't have any copies of the old software to sell, then laughed and told me I shouldn't have bought a ten year old machine.

Anyhow, I'm looking for the old 3.11 software. I see theaton1 said he might have copies he was willing to share. I'm happy to pay for it. I do not want design edge regardless of how great many think it is. I have an Autocad seat I use for 2D drawings, I'm also quite proficient in fusion 360 and have no need for another $2k software package.

I'm on the verge of converting this table to a real motion control system. I have a spare 3 axis Galil controller sitting on the shelf in the shop, I would only need a few servo amps and stepper driver. The only reason I am trying to get the stock control running is due to the built in THC, but my patience is running thin with Plasmacam...

Thanks!
Jason Campbell
Hi everyone! I have a line on a great deal for both a 4x4 and 4x8 plasmacam. Problem is they are coming second hand from an auction with no software. They appear to be older machines, the 4x4 is assembled, while the 4x8 is in pieces... I can potentially get them both with a plasma cutter for under 5k... Will I just end up regretting this when it comes to getting the software ( let alone other parts and support) ? There is no way to track down owners for license transfers, I also have no way of knowing for sure if there are any issues to be resolved in addition to needing software.. any thoughts?? Thanks!
jdogtx
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by jdogtx »

Post by Jacampb2 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:12 am

I realize this is a Zombie thread, but I am hoping that someone here may have the plasmacam 3.11 software available. Long story short, I bought a used DHC2 table with no PC or software. Plasmacam initially said they would help me once I transferred ownership. I went through 2 weeks of jumping through hoops to get the ownership transferred (I bought this at a state surplus sale, so you can guess how fun tracking people down for transfer was). The paperwork plasmacam sent me specifically said the software license was transferred to me, however, after they saw my bill of sale for $125 on the table they decided they didn't want my business. The sales guy told me they don't have any copies of the old software to sell, then laughed and told me I shouldn't have bought a ten year old machine.

Thanks!
Jason Campbell

would you want to sell your controller? i have a plasma cam but controller quit working. thanks!

Jdogtx
Last edited by jdogtx on Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Metaspec
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Metaspec »

did you find the software or did you sell your box pm me
Ozlat
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Ozlat »

I'm in dire need of 3.11. My install CD, while looking perfect, will no longer read. :(
Burrows013
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Burrows013 »

Did you find a 3.11 software. I’m need of a copy also. I have had my pc for 14 years.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

It's probably always best to make a backup copy of any software - you never know when it might be needed.
David
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by robertspark »

Ozlat wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:02 pm I'm in dire need of 3.11. My install CD, while looking perfect, will no longer read. :(
Try it in a different cd reader..... I found that some can be odd with what was cd+r or CD-R and how they were originally written
eagle6052

Post by eagle6052 »

Users of 3.11 designedge software who have it working successfully.

Can someone take a screen shot of their settings and post

I want to check them with mine.

Thanks
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

3.11 and Design Edge are two different programs. 3.11 settings look like this:
PC1.JPG
PC2.JPG
PC3.JPG