Help in finding best solution for new software

General software related questions should be posted here.
TheGarageBay
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Help in finding best solution for new software

Post by TheGarageBay »

Hey guys, Im new here and would like to get some better software for my table. i am running a Torchmate Classic with the accumove 3 controller .Currently running their cad-cam software and feel like its just extremely limiting. I run my shop at nights and weekends but still hold a day job where i am on the road for almost 100 days out of the year, so i am away from the computer for a good portion of my time. Is there a software i could download (for cheap or for free) to install onto my day job laptop that comes with me on the road so i can work on designs and projects in the ease of my hotel rooms? If i understand this stuff correctly, i could just design it on the new software, upload it into my cadcam file, create the g code, and then ship it right over to my table from there??? Any advice would be a huge help .

-Drew
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Help in finding best solution for new software

Post by acourtjester »

Inkscape is a great and free software package that you can create many new projects but the output files are either SVG or DXF if your CadCam software cannot import these files your out of luck.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
SegoMan DeSigns
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

I use CorelDraw for my artwork & design layout, export it as a DXF then import it into the TM software. The student version allows you to put it on 3 computers. Search Y/T for Doug Greens tutorials on how to use it.
schmaus
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by schmaus »

If you are looking for more of a Cad software Draftsight is the best free one I have found. I use Inkscape for text or tracing a simple image.

Return to “General Discussion”