hi new

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
headcase
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

hi new

Post by headcase »

first i say hi in uk

built myself table all is working well till i download a file from this site when irun file all ok then i enable my thc and start to cut and the z axis goes up not down reload one of my files that i have done the z axis goes down am i missing something lol i am using sheet cam to make the tap file then mach3 cheers for any help would be great patrick
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: hi new

Post by acourtjester »

If you are using one of the THC that is separate from the Mach Z axis control, there may be a setting in there that needs to be switched to have the Z go down when the voltage goes down ( follow the arc voltage). You could have the THC voltage set to high and the and it may be trying to follow it and goes up. It helps if you list your equipment when asking a question (plasma unit name, THC name, and software). There are many combos you could have that would have a different answer.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
headcase
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by headcase »

cheers table is homemade plasma is a hyperthem powermax 45xp with machine torch , mach 3 , sheetcam , thc is a minithc . if i draw a dxf file and convert in sheetcam all works . when i download a dxf from this site i convert in sheetcam it dont work z axis goes up instead of down . cheers for your time
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

That makes little sense. A 2D DXF file has no Z plane in it whatsoever. Any Z moves are put in by either SheetCAM Ilike in a touch off sequence) or come from the THC. Typically Z moves are positive (up above zero) . A Plamsa Post only puts in Z moves for touch off. THC Z moves come from the UP DOWN inputs. Those are out of the MiniTHC.
headcase
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by headcase »

sorted it all out sheetcam doing it but with my files doesn't so when I cut I check the z everytime and been ok cheers for replys

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”