weld table

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
sportmod27
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

weld table

Post by sportmod27 »

I drew up a welding table, pretty new at the CAD program. these parts need to be double checked before cutting. 3'x6'x1' table. could i get someone to double check this for me?
weld bench.dxf

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

schmaus
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: weld table

Post by schmaus »

Nice looking table. Just from a quick look your tabs and slots are going to be to tight. Even for laser I would think you need at least .010" to .015".
hemichargersrt8
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by hemichargersrt8 »

First let me start by saying, I appreciate all the hard work that "Sportmod27" has put into this project and to generously post his labors is much appreciated.
As many of you are aware, I posted a couple files for a smaller fixture table (https://plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22151).
If I may, I would like to humbly offer my observations. To the many that have downloaded these files already, please consider the following before cutting these files.
1. All of the tabs and slots are 1:1. That is, the tabs and slots need clearance for assembly purposes. On the smaller fixture table, I used .010" clearance around all tabs and slots. Bottom line, the parts will not fit without grinding.
2.Underside back bones are to long. Their length will need to be shortened so as to fit within the end panels. Also the tabs will not fit into their matching slots at each end.
3. The round holes in the top and sides provided for mounting industry standard clamps are too small. These holes are currently .625" dia. and would need clearance added for the clamp posts to be inserted.
4. Unless you absolutely need 12" high sides, there will be tremendous material expense due to poor nesting of 4 X 8 or 5 X 10 sheets. The table top is sized nicely at 36". So by reducing the side plate height to less than 11" you would be able to nest one table top and one front panel on a 4X8 sheet or those with larger tables able to nest one table top and two side plates.
5. The underside leg mounting plates are out of square and the holes are not symmetrical to the edges. This could complicate mounting legs to the table if you are not careful orientating the plates to the underside.
My last comments are debatable.
1. Due to the length and how the table might be used in the future adding an additional leg in the middle of each long side might be beneficial.
2. Leg mounting plates really only require 4 mounting holes. I would also include a cut out of the tube profile (2.06x2.06 for 2x2 tubing) for positioning and welding the leg tubes.
3. There are currently two styles of the shorter underside braces. I would simplify and just cut 5 pieces of the "underside brace outer" and use these in all the positions.
Again, please do not misunderstand my comments. I really appreciate all of the work started by "sportmod27" . I hope he will continue to contribute more great projects like this welding bench.
little blue choo
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by little blue choo »

Hemichargersrt8 you have saved a lot of people a headache again and if I may say so you did it in a very respectful way. Thanks for all you do for others. Some of us were looking at this and saying, this want work but were afraid to say something in fear of hurting sportmod17's feeling. We sure don't want to make anyone leery of sharing. Good first share sportmod17. Hope to see more of your work soon. By the way hemichargersrt8 your 3D skills are out of the world.

Rick
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
Acc. Plate Marker, 4 inch Pipe Cutter, Wood Router package
Quincy Q54 compressor 2 stage, 5hp, 60 gal
Refrigerated air dryer & 4 stage filtration system
Software Mach 3, Sheetcam, Solid Edge 2D, Inkscape
sportmod27
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by sportmod27 »

Thanks for the response guys!
I appreciate the response!
Like I said in the original post, I'm pretty new at CAD drawing.
Self taught lol. I have a lot of learning to do and thanks again for the corrective criticism! Really means a lot!
I will try and go in and fix the issues. Thanks again!
hemichargersrt8
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Here is "Sportmod27" files with a little tweaking. All plate steel is .25" mild steel with 2" x 2" steel tubing for the legs. I left a small area in the center of the front panels blank. Might as well add your company logo if you are going to all the effort to build your own table. The background in the the first picture is from "garage journal" website- vintage garage scenes. Let me know if I missed any details. Please refer to http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22151 for test pieces to cut prior to cutting such large pieces. Plus, members have contributed a lot of good information to that thread as well.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

biggator850
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by biggator850 »

What kind of fixture clamps are you using on this table? Will the Strong Hand table clamps work well?

Looks AWESOME! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!

BC
hemichargersrt8
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Yes, the strong hand clamps will work with this table.
SNLLC
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by SNLLC »

hemichargersrt8 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:51 pm Here is "Sportmod27" files with a little tweaking. All plate steel is .25" mild steel with 2" x 2" steel tubing for the legs. I left a small area in the center of the front panels blank. Might as well add your company logo if you are going to all the effort to build your own table. The background in the the first picture is from "garage journal" website- vintage garage scenes. Let me know if I missed any details. Please refer to http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22151 for test pieces to cut prior to cutting such large pieces. Plus, members have contributed a lot of good information to that thread as well.
Did you change the hole size to 16mm in your revision or did you only change what you specifically listed above?

Thanks for the work on this and your other table as well.
DezertBlingMoto
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by DezertBlingMoto »

A great group of people here , we should run the world hahaha.
Old Iron
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Old Iron »

Thanks for the share and thanks to hemicharger for the assist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dikko
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by dikko »

wow you guys are good awesome work
dikko
motoguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by motoguy »

Thanks Paul!
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam
shinertx
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by shinertx »

NICE WORK MR FOXTON.
Samson 5x10
Designedge software
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Hypertherm powermax 380
Thermodynamics cut master 85
Jet 4' box & pan break
Eastwood Powder coating guns.
bhamer62
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by bhamer62 »

Looks good, nice work and great advice as well. I have made several of these, I'm actually making another one next week for a customer who fabricates railing. His will be 36" x 144" with .630 holes.
Two things I found out, I like my holes at about .630 It will accommodate both 16mm and 5/8" pins. Second is, on my personal TIG table I made every other hole 1/2-13 UNC so I can easily bolt down any fixturing I design. You can import the table grid pattern into Solid Works, hoover a weldment over the table and lower it to where it suits, then design your fixturing with a tab and slot locating concept and simply Pull your vertical fixturing brackets up till they are where you need them to be and you have a very accurate weld fixture for about any profile.... Awesome for prototyping.....
doozer76
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by doozer76 »

newbie here a know not the rite place but had do we get the files from this site is it just pay the $20 thanks
bhamer62
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by bhamer62 »

Yes, join up, pay and the give the Admin a day or so to activate your membership, then just download what you need...…. All we ask is give back when you can.....
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

doozer76 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:33 pm newbie here a know not the rite place but had do we get the files from this site is it just pay the $20 thanks
Yes.
David
customag
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by customag »

Awesome work!
Do you think there would be a problem with the pieces warping? I have a plasma with a water bed. I would probably have to add water as it burns it out with that many pierce points the water evaporates fast.

Thanks
Dfabltd
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Dfabltd »

Hi all

great work on these files was hoping to cut them but all my material is metric, has anyone on here cut these from 6mm material?

regards

david
Zukzilla
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Zukzilla »

Hi David I have 6mm files

Will upload soon

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”