4x8 Build Complete CandCNC Commandcnc

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
niem6
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

4x8 Build Complete CandCNC Commandcnc

Post by niem6 »

IMG_6517.JPG
IMG_6349.JPG
IMG_6348.JPG
Hi,

Thank you everyone on this site who contribute. I have learned many things over the past year. I recently finished my first plasma table build. I feel it turned out great. I must say the products that CandCNC sell are awesome. The technical manuals they have make things super user friendly and not once have I had to call them for advise. You guys are rock stars. Here are a few pictures and a video

https://youtu.be/W1PKzf6M-9k
https://youtu.be/CgKnucuudEE

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Capstone
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: 4x8 Build Complete CandCNC Commandcnc

Post by Capstone »

Well done on the new table.

We have questions...

What are the specifications? We like to read about the parts you used or did you create your own stuff, like the pulleys etc.

Just curious... why the huge bathtub? What was the reasoning? I see the green 4x4 in the background; where did that come from? Does that have a super deep watertable as well?

Also, you joined quite some time ago and this is your first post? :? This is a welcoming community, I hope you didn't think you have to build a whole new plasmatable before joining the conversation. :lol:
Phil
It's all relative...
CNC Metal Design
Instagram CNC Metal Design
JD Squared 4x8
HT PM45, Miller 251 MIG
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome very nice looking table, and shop. Is that a 30's roadster in the background? :D :lol:
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
plasmartist
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by plasmartist »

The depth of your basin caught my eye too. Have you found any advantage to having it so deep? Mine is 4" and adjustable via air pressure in a drum. Even in 4 inches of water it can be hard to find that little part that falls through. I'm interested to say the least.
niem6
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by niem6 »

The pictures don't show the top section of that holding tank. A whole other sheet of steel is welded solid in the middle of what you see in these pictures. 6" of water in the holding tank that is moved to the top when the tank is pressurized. I cut with a depth of 5" of water.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”