Trying to hook up sl100 machine torch to cutmaster 101

Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter discussion forum.
Yellowstone
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Trying to hook up sl100 machine torch to cutmaster 101

Post by Yellowstone »

I have a pig tail on my new machine torch that apparently needs a hole to plug in on the machine. Was looking forward to my new snap n cut with machine torch but now it looks like I have electrical nightmares ahead. Not really plug n play as advertised by TD. Easily swap torches ect. ect. Oh well, any tips on hooking this thing up? Was going to call TD but got pulled from the shop today.
Sampson 510, TD cutmaster 101, Snap n Cut, 10' x 14g finger brake, lots of Welders tig,mig, aluminum push pull, vantage 300, sa250d, Ford Trucks.
Yellowstone
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Trying to hook up sl100 machine torch to cutmaster 101

Post by Yellowstone »

I will answer my own question for future reference. Jump pins 3 and 4 on the pig tail, if your machine is already wired to fire a hand torch with trigger locked on.
Sampson 510, TD cutmaster 101, Snap n Cut, 10' x 14g finger brake, lots of Welders tig,mig, aluminum push pull, vantage 300, sa250d, Ford Trucks.
Brand X
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Trying to hook up sl100 machine torch to cutmaster 101

Post by Brand X »

The machine torch is really made for a pendant to control the torch manually. track burner etc... I just used the plug/wire off of the pendent to go to my start pins on my cnc control. The SL-100 SV torch is the automation torch for CNC. Works much better overall in timing from the first cut to second. also cycles faster. The SV style would take the CNC interface card, and 14 pin to make work on the older cutmaster machines..The newer cutmaster machines know automatically if the SV torch is plugged in, so it is way more cnc friendly. If using the 14 pin card/voltage divider, the 3-4 pins will fire the hand torch too. It really is plug, and play over the older units..

Return to “Thermal Dynamics / Esab Plasma Cutters”