December sales numbers.

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
little blue choo
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

December sales numbers.

Post by little blue choo »

Well my December sales numbers are in, unless something else sells in one of by booths today. Between my two booths and all my orders from previous buyers and people who just heard about me or seen my work on my facebook page the grand total was $2060.00. Less booth rentals and all materials ($440) I cleared $1620.00. :D Now bad for a hobby! Thanks you Christmas buyers! Got to hurry and finish my e-commerce website.

Rick
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
Acc. Plate Marker, 4 inch Pipe Cutter, Wood Router package
Quincy Q54 compressor 2 stage, 5hp, 60 gal
Refrigerated air dryer & 4 stage filtration system
Software Mach 3, Sheetcam, Solid Edge 2D, Inkscape
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: December sales numbers.

Post by Gamelord »

Awesome!
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
bigworm36
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by bigworm36 »

That's awesome! Waiting for my arclight table to be delivered so I can starting cutting.
Arclight 5x5 table
Delta 3 CandCNC controller
Hypertherm PM 85
Linux computer
Solid edge 3D
SheetCam
Inkscape
Millermatic 211
www.ceeplasma.com
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

little blue choo wrote:Well my December sales numbers are in, unless something else sells in one of by booths today. Between my two booths and all my orders from previous buyers and people who just heard about me or seen my work on my facebook page the grand total was $2060.00. Less booth rentals and all materials ($440) I cleared $1620.00. :D Now bad for a hobby! Thanks you Christmas buyers! Got to hurry and finish my e-commerce website.

Rick
Before you get too excited the peak of the season for decorative plasma cutting is in December (it least it was for the four years I made it my main income source) e-commerce is okay but only as a place to take orders and most people want to talk to a human. Your best market is a local one and the web is not focused for local sales. Honestly, media like Facebook is better. Every market is different but people are the same in most areas and after the gift season their impulse buying drops off. You can still do okay in the custom business if you live in a area where things like metal gates and "yard art" are popular.
bigcreek
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by bigcreek »

congratulations that is exciting stuff. Good luck in 2017
michmetalman
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by michmetalman »

Congrats! This was my best year ever, and only gonna get better from here on out. I usually have a slow period after the HUGE Christmas rush, but starting out strong so far has me right back at it. With our rather large Facebook fanbase and plans to do Facebook advertising, I expect a monster year.
little blue choo
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by little blue choo »

Same here michmetalman. What started out to be a hobby has turned into another job. But at least it's a job I enjoy.

Rick
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
Acc. Plate Marker, 4 inch Pipe Cutter, Wood Router package
Quincy Q54 compressor 2 stage, 5hp, 60 gal
Refrigerated air dryer & 4 stage filtration system
Software Mach 3, Sheetcam, Solid Edge 2D, Inkscape
michmetalman
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by michmetalman »

little blue choo wrote:Same here michmetalman. What started out to be a hobby has turned into another job. But at least it's a job I enjoy.

Rick
Yup, I do this full time...LOVE it!!
ColoradoWayne
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by ColoradoWayne »

We terribly underestimated the Christmas demand and ended up working a LOT of hours in November and December - sort of lost the fun trying to get stuff done. This year we will hit Christmas with a LOT of inventory and hope we do as well - this was our best year too. Very much a learning experience, each year and each show is different. Still having fun though (once I get the temp in the shop over 40F that is).
Wayne
LDR Motion Systems 4 x 4 water table
Hypertherm Powermax 65
motoguy

Post by motoguy »

What do you guys sell the most of during Christmas? My biggest seller was the split monogram wall hanger...being a "custom" piece, I don't have a way to stock up before the demand hits. I'm curious what your pre-stocked items are.
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam
ColoradoWayne
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by ColoradoWayne »

I try to cover a broad spectrum, ranging from $5 stocking stuffers up to $70 garage signs. Since I am in Colorado I do a lot of Welcome signs with deer, elk, mountains, etc. I do a few little cartoon things to get the kids to drag Mom and Dad over and then have some nice "indoor" pieces like tree of life, hummingbird pieces, etc. I also do well with both some religious pieces and of course the gun related stuff. The downside is it takes us about 2 hours to set up for a show, and another hour and a half to break down - and when I get home my back is singing to me. But I enjoy the customer interaction and nice comments - so it is all worth it. Best sellers? Varies by show - I never guess right and usually run out of something at every show. ;-)
Wayne
LDR Motion Systems 4 x 4 water table
Hypertherm Powermax 65

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”