Hypertherm 110-220 with CPC

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
KIDTech
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Hypertherm 110-220 with CPC

Post by KIDTech »

I am asking if there is a 110 machine made by hypertherm that is CNC ready, thanks in advance.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hypertherm 110-220 with CPC

Post by jimcolt »

No. The only two 120 volt capable machines in the Hypertherm product line are the Powermax30 air and the Powermax30XP, neither is available with a machine torch or a prewired interface connection for connecting to a cnc machine. The 120 volt systems, because they run on limited input voltage will inherently have a lower duty cycle than the 230 volt machines......and for that reason we do not openly recommend their use on CNC's.....which have the easy ability to operate at high duty cycles, as compared to hand cutting.

Can you use a Powermax30xp on a cnc ? Yes, many have done so. There is no machine torch and you will need to ask me...or tech service for help in making connections for the plasma start and arc voltage feedback inside the power supply. I would recommend that the maximum production thickness be cut in half....which will put you into a decent duty cycle range. The 30XP will do a pretty good job cutting and piercing to 3/16" on a cnc application. Jim Colt Hypertherm
KIDTech
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Hypertherm 110-220 with CPC

Post by KIDTech »

Thank you.

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”