SheetCam Costing Plugin

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

SheetCam Costing Plugin

Post by tnbndr »

I'm on ver 6.0.15. Should it work on that?
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: SheetCam Costing Plugin

Post by WyoGreen »

The plugin fails for me also, same error message as previously posted.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by vmax549 »

I will take a look at it. (;-)

(;-) TP
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by vmax549 »

OK that error message is saying it does not understand the call word. SO that means it takes a later Version update than what you have . I am on 6.1.23 and it was about 2 updates ago that Les got the material name fixed. BEFORE that it was a VERY clutsy method to apply the material name .

(;-) TP
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

where are you guys finding this plug-in I have looked on their site not shown :o :(
I have the latest version 6.1.23 and licensed too.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by vmax549 »

You have to be logged in to teh site to see or get access to teh files. AND teh login is a bit weird as it does not always actually log you in. I had teh same problems seeing them. I had to repeat the login about 3 times to get it to actual show up.

(;-) TP
tnbndr

Post by tnbndr »

here are you guys finding this plug-in I have looked on their site not shown
It not in the Plug Ins section of the SheetCam site, it is on the Forum under plugins
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Miller 215 MultiMatic
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by vmax549 »

I solved that problem here is the Zipped file. Just unzip it into the SheetCam plugins directory.

(;-) TP
Attachments
SCJobCost.zip
(75.85 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
exapprentice
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by exapprentice »

Hi vmax549

Can I ask ( because I am confused - a lot - most of the time!) :lol:

will / Does this SheetCam Costing plugin work in SheetCam TNG 6.0.16 :?: if it does then great I will replace a spread sheet I created to do costings in.
If not then back to the spread sheet :(

Do I recall some where on this site you wrote up about a method of tracking consumables and cutting times in MACH sorry if not, (refer to statement above - again :roll: )

I've been racking my brains on how to track consumable life on how many pierces and length of cuts from my consumables. Some times I do a small job that has loads of pierce points and other times I do larger jobs with only a few pierces, there must be a balance point in the mix somewhere.

Best regards to all
exapprentice
Best Regards to all
Exapprentice :D
(Pete)
10'x5' DIY table / PM 45XP + M/C Torch - Trying to add 4 axis Tube cutting :(
Linux/CommandCandCNC MP3600 / PN200 / DCP-01 / PWM
Solid Edge, Inkscape, SheetCam, Scananything & Andonstar USB Microscope
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

So what is being said is the plugin only works on SheetCam TNG Development version, not the SheetCam TNG version.

I tried the plugin in the Development version, 6.1.23, and I get a different error. Also, where are the material cost and operation cost files stored? The Material Cost file has Junk in it I can't get rid of, even if I delete and reinstall the plugin.
SCJobCost.JPG
SCJobCost.JPG (30.13 KiB) Viewed 4147 times
Precision Plasma gantry
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by vmax549 »

One of teh problems working with Scam is it can be installed in about a hundred different ways in a hundred different places (;-) .

Let me take a look at teh code again. I may have messed up with storing things in directorys that may not exist on your PC.

The message tells me it cannot create teh cost file. That may mean it cannot find the directory to do it in. I can change it so that it only uses teh plugin directory for everything. I tried to push it to use teh Known Scam directories but that is complicated in Scam. At least for me it is(;-).

(;-) TP
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by vmax549 »

The material Cost and operations Cost file are stored in teh Scam /materials Directory.

The Saved Job Cost files are stored in teh Scam JOB directory.

IF you have not assigned permanent directorys then the plugin may be getting lost trying to find it. ( just a thought)

When you see weird things in the Material file is it a series of 99999999s as a value ? That means when the post ran there was NOT a material name it could find to match so it created a new entry for that material and signed 9999999 as a value so it would be easy to spot. You should have gotten a message on screen as well.

(;-) LES warned me it could get very complicated fast. He is really the ONLY one that understands SheetCam at that level. He is always a GREAT help but I may be just a touch hard headed.

I will take the code back apart and look at it again. It all works fine here (of course it does).

(;-) TP
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by vmax549 »

OK I have taken a look and found a few things that could make it work better. There are a few error messages missing and some are kinda criptic to understand for a normal user. I understand them because I wrote them (;-). It should be sensing where Scam saves everything to such as Material,jobs,etc. BUT there may be an odd install that it may not understand

Also a User manual would be a good thing as some things may not be obvious to a normal user. I can write a user manual with pictures IF it would help. That really means IF yall would take the time to actually read it. Most won't.

SO if yall are interested I can dig it all back out and see if I can make it all work for everyone. You would have to help test it on YOUR system.

I am NOT a system programmer so it may take time for me to sort new things out. On some things I have to ask LES how in the world did he do that.

(;-) TP
exapprentice
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by exapprentice »

Hi vmax549

when you are ready, no panic, I would love to test it out on my set up :D
But
I am using SheetCam TNG 6.0.16 not the latest dev version :roll:

Just post when you think you have it all cracked, thank you :)

Best regards

exapprentice
Best Regards to all
Exapprentice :D
(Pete)
10'x5' DIY table / PM 45XP + M/C Torch - Trying to add 4 axis Tube cutting :(
Linux/CommandCandCNC MP3600 / PN200 / DCP-01 / PWM
Solid Edge, Inkscape, SheetCam, Scananything & Andonstar USB Microscope
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by vmax549 »

Sorry but it will NOT run on anything other than the latest Dev version. That is where Les fixed the " Material Name" function to work inside of Scam.

I do have an old version BUT it is very contorted to use because of the Material Name function not working correctly. I used it here but will not release that code.

(;-) TP
tnbndr

Post by tnbndr »

Is it safe and stable to run the 6.0.23 version?
I would be willing to try.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Miller 215 MultiMatic
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

Well, I went into SheetCam Development and assigned directories to all the categories under Options/Application Options/Default Directories. I quit Sheetcam and restarted it. I loaded a job file, and then went to Plugins/SCJobCost, and the garbage was gone. I proceeded to enter information in the Material Cost Editor and the Operational Cost Editor, and then ran the Price Out Your Job, and got the same error as before. When I went back to the Material Cost Editor, none of the information I had entered was there, nor was there any in the Operational Cost Editor. Nothing is being stored in the directories I had created. So now instead of garbage in the files, I have nothing.

A help manual would be nice, I am one of those people who actually read the manuals (my wife does not). It looks like this could be a nifty plugin, but right now it's of no help to me.

Thanks for your efforts, Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by vmax549 »

Hi Steve thanks for helping out. IF you get time and would like to try this again Try it this way. I do not see anything glaringly obvious wrong in the code so this will help out.

Open a Simple file

Goto OPTIONS --> JOB OPTIONS --> MATERIAL

Input the { Material Name } then Save material. Please use this material name 14ga_hrs . It stands for 14guage Hot Rolled Steel. LUA is CASE SENSITIVE so type it in exactly as shown all lower case.

NEXT

Open the JogCost Plugin.

Goto Material Edit and input teh cost values USING the same exact name 14ga_hrs

Goto Operations Edit and input the cost values per unit for now just use .003 , .003 , .003 , .01

NOW go to teh Directory that you set for Materails and you SHOULD see 3 files a material file names 14ga_hrs, and a material file and an operations file. You can click on them and see what is inside (notepad) there should 1 set of entries at this point in each file.

Now run the {Cost Your Part} button and see what happens. It should run a post then ask IF you want to see the report, answer yes and it will bring up the report in Notepad. From there you can View the file AND print the file if needed.

The saved file is in the JOB directory and has an EXT of .C$T It will always use the Filename you were working with PLUS add an identifier to it and then the .C$T extention.

(;-) TP
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

Vmax,

It appears the jobcost plugin is not creating any files. The only file I found in the materials directory was the one made by Sheetcam. I searched the hard drives for all files created in the time period, and none other than the sheetcam one were found. (Besides tons of Chrome and Microsoft ones)

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by vmax549 »

AAHHHHHH Now I see it. Thanks. Let me work on this. I need to not try and figure out How it knows where everything is and just point the Files Back to the Plugin directory where everything else resides.

I will just back to you when I get it all worked out

(;-) TP
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by vmax549 »

Steve If you get time try this version .

The INI files will be stored in the plugin's dir under files.

The actual Job cost that is created file should end up in the Job directory with the same Filename + {$$}.C$T so it will be easy to spot.

Please use the same order as last time.

I do not have all the error messaging done yet but I need to see if it creates everything for you.

(;-)TP
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by vmax549 »

Here is the file
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by vmax549 »

I will try it one more time,
Attachments
SCJobCost2.zip
(75.86 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

VMax, you've made progress. The MaterialCost.INI file and OperationCost.INI file were created along with a few others in the Files directory under SCJobCost plugin directory. So now the entries are staying when the ScJobCost is run. But the Price Out Your Job still fails with the following error.
SCJobCost.JPG
SCJobCost.JPG (31.4 KiB) Viewed 3992 times
I even tried creating a fake file named CrabBarMtg{$$}.c$t in the Jobs directory. but it still says it can't open the output file. My Sheetcam files are saved in directories down under my user name, perhaps they need to be under the main Sheetcam directory?

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by vmax549 »

OK THAT is a permissions problem I can fix that by moving EVERYTHING back to teh Plugins directory. (;-) I was still hoping to make use of the Scam work directories. I am afraid that LES may be the only one that can decipher that matrix. After all HE created it.

I'll fix this and get back (;-) TP

Return to “SheetCam”