Fine Cut consumables?

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
oldironrep
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Fine Cut consumables?

Post by oldironrep »

OK, I have a Torchmate 4x4, AVHC , Hyp. Powermax 65 w/ machine torch. I have got conflicting recommendations on the Fine Cut consumables. Even from Hypertherm’s manual & charts that came with accessories. Can someone tell which consumables I should be using?

Thanks in advance for any help.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Fine Cut consumables?

Post by jimcolt »

Use the 948 shield in all cases as it keeps the nozzle from touching the material.....longer life. You do not have ohmic sensing with your AVHC....so use the standard retaining cap. The rest of the parts (nozzle, electrode, swirl ring) are just as this picture shows.....it was copied from the operators manual. Follow the cut specs in the charts....except I recommend slightly higher (run at .075" height) than the book spec of .06". Adjust your arc voltage so the height is .075"....

I have worked for Hypertherm for almost 37 years....and I use the Finecut consumables in my home shop daily. The above works very well, trust me!

Jim Colt Hypertherm

all finecut cons.jpg
all finecut cons.jpg (25.59 KiB) Viewed 478 times

oldironrep wrote:OK, I have a Torchmate 4x4, AVHC , Hyp. Powermax 65 w/ machine torch. I have got conflicting recommendations on the Fine Cut consumables. Even from Hypertherm’s manual & charts that came with accessories. Can someone tell which consumables I should be using?

Thanks in advance for any help.
oldironrep

Re: Fine Cut consumables?

Post by oldironrep »

Thanks Jim. I'll give it another try. The first time I tried was a nightmare. That said, I found a lose wire right after the was trying the fine cut consumables.

Jeff

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”