Automatic Amp settings?

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
seajinx
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Automatic Amp settings?

Post by seajinx »

DO I need to set the Amps on the front of my HT 85 every time I change Tip. I'm thinking Mach 3 program will automatically do this for me. I'm using 45 Amp tip do I manually make the adjustment on the Plasma cutter. Just want to be sure before I do any damage to anything.
srp
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Amp settings

Post by srp »

I'm not familiar with Mach but I would think it doesn't has those abilities. It might change cut speed and other other parameters. in the mean time I would definitely change the settings on the front of the machine. You might post your question under the Mach forum.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

The only way your software can set the amperage on a Powermax85 (or 65, 105 125) is if your system is set up with the serial interface that goes between your machine electronics and the plasma cutter. If you have components from CandCNC.com, then it is possible you have this ability. You will need to give us more info regarding the cnc machine you have.

If you do not have the serial and the software and electronics to drive it...then yes, you must set the amperage according to the cut charts in the Hypertherm operators manual based on what you are cutting and the consumables being used (there is no part on a Hypertherm called a tip).

Best regards, Jim Colt Hypertherm
seajinx
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by seajinx »

Thanks Jim, it's what i am after. No I don't have serial interface between the machine and cutter. I have to agree with everyone on here. you are definitely an asset to this site. thanks for all you've given.
[/quote]
jimcolt wrote:The only way your software can set the amperage on a Powermax85 (or 65, 105 125) is if your system is set up with the serial interface that goes between your machine electronics and the plasma cutter. If you have components from CandCNC.com, then it is possible you have this ability. You will need to give us more info regarding the cnc machine you have.

If you do not have the serial and the software and electronics to drive it...then yes, you must set the amperage according to the cut charts in the Hypertherm operators manual based on what you are cutting and the consumables being used (there is no part on a Hypertherm called a tip).

Best regards, Jim Colt Hypertherm

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”