Having issue with cutting larger then file drawing.

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
MosquitoCreekDesign
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Having issue with cutting larger then file drawing.

Post by MosquitoCreekDesign »

I am running an almost new- March 2015 torchmate 2 4x8 machine. Hyper powermax 85. Issue is I can draw a part-time in this instance a simple square 6" x6" send it to cut program and cut it. It finishes at 6 7/8" x 6 7/8" square. It started on a file that I drew for a bumper that had the Cummins logo and some air holes in it. I set it to be 10" tall and 29" long, it cut it 11 1/4 tall and 33 1/4 long! I've check the dimensions in my cut program as well and they are 10x29. I've changed my cut path type from online to male to female and no real difference. I've checked my machine over and over for loose fastners, out of square, loose drives etc. I've talked to 2 people at tech support for torchmate and there not sure what's causing this. Anyone else have issues of this nature or any ideas to try or check?? Any help greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!! The frustrated newerbie....:-)
Torchmate 2 4x8
Powermax 85
Miller welders
chasxjs
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Having issue with cutting larger then file drawing.

Post by chasxjs »

Not familiar with Torchmate but it sounds like your stepper motors need to be calibrated.
Charles
Shopsmith Lathe
Multiple saws, welders, etc.
MosquitoCreekDesign
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Having issue with cutting larger then file drawing.

Post by MosquitoCreekDesign »

Thanks for the tip Charles, when torchmate called me back we found that the y axis needed exactly that!! Up and running again!!
Torchmate 2 4x8
Powermax 85
Miller welders

Return to “Torchmate Forum”