Cad HELP - Dynatorch CAD Software

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
esracerx46
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Cad HELP - Dynatorch CAD Software

Post by esracerx46 »

Ok, so I just got a 5X10 Dynatorch and Im able to cut basic shapes. I'm somewhat affluent with computers...or so I thought. I have no training with any CAD type software and desperately need help. I was wondering if their was a CAD program out there that was easy to use, and affordable. I downloaded Corel CAD and Auto CAD for the free trial versions and am just absolutely lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!
Diverdude
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Cad HELP

Post by Diverdude »

So I am brand new at this too, but I've got Artcam for my new plasma table( that arrives next week) and have found it fairly easy to work. It also has a free demo download and I used it and youtube tutorials to lean in a week of evenings how to draw a lot of nice stuff. I got the full program now and have been makeing things to cut while I wait for my machine. the basic program is a little under $200. Just my 2 cents.
PlasmaRoute HD 4x4
sodfarmer
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by sodfarmer »

I would recommend trying something else instead of Autocad right now. I've used it for around 12 years now and it took me 2 years of college and another 2 years using it everyday to get truly proficient with it. I haven't used Corel before so I can't give any advice on this. I have played around with Inkscape and found it decent to work with. There are a lot of videos on You Tube to help. I would start simple ie: learn to draw a circle, rectangle, and basic shapes. You master those parts then everything else will start to make sense. Have any questions about AutoCad feel free to ask.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

There are many AutoCad type courses available at the local community colleges as well.....many are night courses....and you will be drawing well with most any CAD drawing package in a few weeks.

I actually did my first CAD drawing after buying a PlasmaCam machine a dozen or so years ago. There was a tutorial in the written manual which I followed.....was very easy and I drew my first simple part in about 20 minutes. The rest has been just years of experince....now it is second nature to draw almost anything.

Jim Colt
hardsteel
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by hardsteel »

hi esracerx46 .
i am a mechanical engineer , i used the most of cad softwares , in fact the best one to me is (solid edge st3 ), and it is completely free , and as for the training ,it is very easy to learn and you can get some tutorials form youtube , just try to use it and then tell about your idea , in case you need any help with it just contact me .
http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/e ... ndex.shtml
I would recommend trying something else instead of Autocad right now. I've used it for around 12 years now and it took me 2 years of college and another 2 years using it everyday to get truly proficient with it. I haven't used Corel before so I can't give any advice on this. I have played around with Inkscape and found it decent to work with. There are a lot of videos on You Tube to help. I would start simple ie: learn to draw a circle, rectangle, and basic shapes. You master those parts then everything else will start to make sense. Have any questions about AutoCad feel free to ask.
inksacpe is best to draw vectors , but it is not specialized in geometric mechanical parts and if you are smart enough you will take a lot of time to get you drawing ( complex 2d draw ).

Rafik Alhaji
sodfarmer
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by sodfarmer »

I would agree that mechanical parts are best in a CAD program. Inkscape seems to work best for artistic work. You might try Draftsight if you are looking for something like AutoCad. The best part is that its free, so is Inkscape. My learning curve on computers was steep when I started. It was all I could to turn them on @ the time.
Kentuckyfarmer
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Kentuckyfarmer »

Depending on what you want to draw i would sugest delta cad, free trial and about 40 bucks for the total cost.
I had never used any type cad until about a year ago. I found delta cad and it works for everything that i have needed to cut. As far as converting a photo incscape is what i use because it is free.
Download a free trial of delta cad and give it a shot you have nothing to lose.
Mike
Loyd
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Loyd »

DeltaCad is what I have used for several years....works great and take about 15-30 min to get familiar with if you do their tutorial.
Loyd
De inimico non loquaris sed cogites
Do not wish ill upon your enemies, plan it.
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Cad HELP - Dynatorch CAD Software

Post by CNCCAJUN »

Doublecad XT v3 is free & a clone of AutoCAD light . . .with extra features . . . :D

Steve
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
cstroke
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by cstroke »

You could talk to Gary or Jeremy at We-Cim also..

There is a learning curve of course, any program that is worth anything has a learning curve..

Dynatorch sells the We-cim.

www.wittlockeng.com
Ph: (256) 737-3075
6’x12’ Dynatorch powermax 85
12’ Wysong brake
5’x 5/16’ wysong rolls
3.8’x10’ shear
65 Ton ironworker
Boss laser 3655 150 watt CO2.
SFX 100watt Mopa
Quicncy 7.5hp
Square wave tig, Multimatics, Miller bobcat efi.
Titanfab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Titanfab »

Check out Draftsight
Its free and updated regularly, it made by dasault systems (solid works)
Have free youtube vids for reference

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”