Newbie Having Trouble

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
War Hammer
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Newbie Having Trouble

Post by War Hammer »

Hi All,none

We just bought a new (new to us) Dynatorch 5x10 table. It has a Thermal Dynamics Professional Cutmaster 52 plasma cutter. I can get the hand torch to work just fine. The trouble I having is that when I start the program to cut the G-code the torch does not fire.
I cannot even tell you guys what machine we bought. I cannot find any model or serial number on the table at all. I know this is a long shot as I may not be giving you all enough information.
If any of you have any ideas for me I would love some help. I have been fighting with this thing for a few weeks trying to get everything hooked up.

If I didn't introduce us here is our introduction. My son and I started a small fabrication business about a year ago. We are from Utah and love what we do. We are extremely happy to be building our business. I know once we get this table up and going things will be AWESOME.

Thanks all for your help,
Kendall
WyoGreen
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Newbie Having Trouble

Post by WyoGreen »

I'm not familiar with your table or plasma cutter, but your software has to tell the cutter to fire the machine torch. There has to be some kind of communication from the table controller to the plasma cutter. On my Hypertherm there is a cable that goes in the back of the plasma cutter.

You might try going on the Dynatorch website and see if you can identify your machine. From what I read on their website, it looks like you can't download a manual, but there is supposed to be a manual under your help tab on your operating software.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
sphurley
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by sphurley »

I would reach out to them first unless someone on here has one.
http://www.dynatorch.com/video-demos/
The software on any machine runs g-code. The g-code tell the system to close a contact and that fires the torch.
How are your designing your parts and bring them into the machine software?
Steve
Platform CNC Plasma table
CandCNC Ethercut IV DTHC
Hypertherm 85/CPC/RS485
Miller 350P
Miller Dynasty 280DX
War Hammer
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by War Hammer »

O.K. Thanks for the replies. On my machine the computer plugs into a box labeled "Dynatorch" and that box goes directly to the table.
I can move the touch via the computer and when I run the program without the torch it runs fine (that is an option on the computer). Although when I try and run the actual cut I can hear the relay in the "Dynatorch" box click but the torch does not fire. I have looked at the manual on the software and unfortunately there is no answer there.
I was hoping you guys may have encountered this problem before...... to be honest with you I was hoping for an easy answer.
I will get with Dynatorch after the holiday.
Thanks for the replies.

Oh I forgot to answer the design question. I am designing the stuff in LibreCad I save it as a DXF then I convert it on the Dynatorch software into g-code.
sphurley

Post by sphurley »

Pages from TDCutmaster52.pdf
OK, this helps a lot. Look at the attached wiring on the TD52
Pins 4 and 5 are where the relay "should" be connected to.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Steve
Platform CNC Plasma table
CandCNC Ethercut IV DTHC
Hypertherm 85/CPC/RS485
Miller 350P
Miller Dynasty 280DX
SeveredBrandon
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by SeveredBrandon »

Call dynatorch. They offer lifetime support even on second hand tables.
War Hammer
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by War Hammer »

Alright I wanted to give you all an update. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate those of you that took the time to get back with me. SPHURLEY you were totally correct the pins 4 and 5 should have been connected, we resolved that and the machine would pierce but not cut the g-code.
Because it was now a working day and not a weekend I went ahead and called tech support.
DYNATORCH Tech support is AMAZING!!!!
They didn't care that the table we bought was 50 years old or that I didn't know any of the information they needed.or even how to use a computer. they walked me though everything piece by piece and spent the time I needed until I was completely satisfied.
Man I am so stoked to have this table up and running and I am really happy that my son and I can finally take this business in the new direction we wanted.
Thank you so much and DYNATORCH THANK YOU!!!!

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”