Dynatorch continues cutting

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
stevewrobins
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Dynatorch continues cutting

Post by stevewrobins »

This may sound a little weird but i have a few files that when i cut them, it gets to a certain point and then just keeps cutting on that direction, it never makes the turn. It the same spot everytime. I downloaded the file, imported it into Inkscape to clean up, opened it in sheetcam and set it up and then opened in Dynatorchs software. At no point am i seeing this line that runs off to the side. I emailed Dyntorchs support but its Saturday before Easter so im not expecting any feedback today. Any ideas what is going on? I have also opened one of the files in Qcad and im still not seeing what is going on. Thanks in Advance guys.
Steve Robins
One 7 Refined Metals
Dynatorch 4x8
Hypertherm 65
Bigrhamr
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Dynatorch continues cutting

Post by Bigrhamr »

Can you post or send the DXF and the G code for one of them and indicate the problem spot?
What happens if you rotate the drawing 90 degrees and do a test run?
Any chance the drawing has a hidden layer?
stevewrobins
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by stevewrobins »

I have attached a pic and the DXF. Its a file i downloaded from here but i dont see anything out of the ordinary. I turned it 90 degrees and it did thesame thing. Once it come off the R in the middle it continues to keep coming down. Dont put yourself out of anything looking at this but i do appreciate it.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Steve Robins
One 7 Refined Metals
Dynatorch 4x8
Hypertherm 65
Bigrhamr
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Bigrhamr »

I didn't see anything for sure that would cause that but it did have lots of extra nodes including a couple that weren't attached to anything. See if this works any different.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

stevewrobins
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by stevewrobins »

Thank you for the help, that worked. I had another file that was doing the same thing and where it was taking off, i just deleted that section and that corrected the problem. There is something a little flaky going on right there. Atleast now, i know where to start if it happens again. I do appreciate your help.
Steve Robins
One 7 Refined Metals
Dynatorch 4x8
Hypertherm 65
TMC
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by TMC »

many times with my Dynatorch if it just continues on in a straight line there is a problem with one node. If you go back to your design software and zoom in on that node I always find that the node line doesn't continue properly and has a very tight loop in it around the node. Take the node handles and manipulate the loop out and it should fix it. If you didn't know, you can open your Dynatorch software in demo mode, import the file and do a dry test cut without having to turn power on to your table. I do this all the time before I ever cut a file to make sure there isn't anything funny with it.
Talbot Metal Crafting
DynaTorch 4x4 SuperB
Hypertherm PMX 85
Corel 7X
Solid Edge
SheetCam

Easton, Maryland
stevewrobins
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by stevewrobins »

Thanks for the advice Talbot, I will definitely do a test run prior to cutting from now on when using a new file.
Steve Robins
One 7 Refined Metals
Dynatorch 4x8
Hypertherm 65

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”