Dynatorch OHMIC help, need circuit board help.

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
illusivedf
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Dynatorch OHMIC help, need circuit board help.

Post by illusivedf »

I have an older Dynatorch with the Animatics smart motors, in the past year I have upgraded the single x axis with driveshaft system to a dual drive and the cut quality is much better. One issue I am still having is plate sensing. The pressure system just does not work good on thin sheet metal and sometimes on thicker plate around 1/4" ( I tend to get a log of sheets that still have the shape of the mill coil in them some).

Anyways, Dynatorch does not make the OHMIC boards that go in between the harness and motor anymore, and I can not get them to make me a custom one. Is there anybody with a good electrical background that can make me something or guide me to make this board? They gave me a drawing and it looks somewhat simple but I am definitely not an electrical person and try to avoid circuit boards and wiring when possible. I do not want to fry my electronics because then I would pretty much be forced to upgrade my entire machine to their new system which is not feasible at this time. I'm attaching the diagram they sent me.

I just upgraded my torch to the new Duramax for my Hypertherm 1250 and I would really like to get the OMHIC working.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Owner at Illusive Design & Fabrications
http://www.illusivefabrications.com
Air Ride Suspension Parts
Metal Fabrication
Dynatorch 4x8 with Hypertherm 1250
Vinyl Decals & Signs
Powder Coating
illusivedf
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Dynatorch OHMIC help, need circuit board help.

Post by illusivedf »

I found some pictures doing a search on Google of how they used to make them.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Metal Fabrication
Vinyl Decals & Signs
Powder Coating
illusivedf
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by illusivedf »

Forgot to post as well but the info on the board.

"Attached is a diagram of how it connects to the 15 pin connector. A small relay disconnects the wire to the torch while cutting to prevent damage to the motor input. It has to run off of 5vdc from pin 12 and it gets grounded out to pin 13 thru the transistor which is controlled by pin 5. The realay has a normally closed contact that opens when the relay comes on during cutting. It is vital to prevent damage. The system settings decribed in tha attached ohmic manual MUST be set to use the relay. Manufacturer part numbers can be entered at mouser.com to get the correct cross referenced mouser number."
Metal Fabrication
Vinyl Decals & Signs
Powder Coating
Dana gear
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Dana gear »

I have the Dyna Torch Omic sensor on one of our machines it works good, its kind of homemade looking. ours is a simple plain mica board with the components described above mounted on it through small drilled holes to mount/solder the components on, simple male/female D ports.
Then the exposed parts was sealed with a large heat shrink tube.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”