dynatorch help please

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
quadboy
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

dynatorch help please

Post by quadboy »

Ohmic sensor input sensor won't shut off and I have replaced all cconsumables. I unplug wire on end and light goes out. This is a super b with power max 85 4x8
Last edited by quadboy on Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: dynatorch screw up again please help

Post by jimcolt »

That is not Dynatorch's issue, it means the torch shield is shorted to the torch nozzle. You pierced too close or too thick and blew a piece of metal up between the two. Take nozzle out and clean the lower outside areas with a piece of scotchbrite, then remove the shield and clean the inside around the orifice the same way, ensure that the orifice is round. Problem will be solved.

If the shield and nozzle are new...then check the part numbers to be sure you are using the correct shield.....if using the Finecut shield or the gouging shield with the shielded consumables...then the ohmic circuit will be shorted as well. Match up the part numbers to the listings in the operators manual.

Jim Colt Hypertherm
quadboy wrote:Ohmic sensor input sensor won't shut off and I have replaced all cconsumables. I unplug wire on end and light goes out. This is a super b with power max 85 4x8
quadboy
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by quadboy »

Thanks Jim tried all that and still doing it. I'm wondering about water because the inside of consumables where wet but I have seem guys run there plasma all the way in the water. So I dried and reinstall them and it worked for one line and then did it again. I also checked O - rings in the tip and they seem fine. My new tip did drag on the sheet one time too, so that makes me think THC is screwed up. Dynatorch tech mike and I had to do a bunch of scaling and its still not right. I am going to take the new table offer. Because I am just fighting this table one problem right after an other. :oops:
Metriccar
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Metriccar »

I was told by Jim that water will play havoc on ohmic sensing systems. If you try running the program without actually cutting so it doesn't get a chance to blow water everywhere, including the consumables, that may help eliminate the software or a short somewhere being a problem.
quadboy
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by quadboy »

Wondering Jim what the scaled arc voltage input for a powermax 85? My machine is set at 6volts looks like some are 4.2volts
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

If your Powermax85 has the rear panel CPC port...then you can set any one of the following divided output voltage ratios: 50:1 (factory default setting), 40:1, 30:1, 21.1:1 (plasmacam) or 20:1.

So if you have the internal voltage divider DIP switches set at 50:1.....the feedback voltage that goes to the Dynatorch height control will be exactly 1/50th of the plasma cutting arc voltage (measured from the torch electrode to the Work clamp).

Dynatorch makes their own height control and you should have the voltage divider output set to their recommendations....Hypertherm offers 5 choices depending on what brand machine it is being used on. I do not know what Dynatorch's recommended voltage divider ratio is.

Ohmic contact, which is a method of finding the surface of the plate....is not reliable (from my experience) when water is over the surface of the plate. The water in a water table has suspended particles of the metal you are cutting, this makes the water highly conductive...and the ohmic contact circuit will sense the water, not the plate. If water gets inside the torch between the shield and the nozzle, the ohmic contact function will short.....and read like it is sensing the plate all the time. For applications where water is above the material, shut the ohmic contact function off and use Dynatorch's backup process.....which I believe is z axis torque sensing. Ohmic is the most accurate method of finding the surface, critical to good consumable life, when using a dry (downdraft or water below the plate) fume control system.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

quadboy wrote:Wondering Jim what the scaled arc voltage input for a powermax 85? My machine is set at 6volts looks like some are 4.2volts
btburn
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by btburn »

My Super Bee did this too and was very frustrating being new at this. My problem was the shield got a little buggered up when I was setting my delay times and I messed up the tip. Water splashing will always get you too if the surface has any water on it when the tip contacts the sheet it will not work. I hooked up an extra air hose just to blow water off the sheet and the tip between cuts. as long as the torch doesn't travel really far for the next cut the air flowing after the first cut always blows water off the sheet for the next cut.
Dynatorch 4x4 SuperBee, Powermax 65, Quincy QT-54, Snap On MM250SL, Thermal Arc Arcmaster 185, Corel Draw X7 and a messy garage.
quadboy
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by quadboy »

Awsome thank you so much. I will keep the air hose in mind.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”