dynatorch belts

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
quadboy
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

dynatorch belts

Post by quadboy »

I post this in dynatorch under plasma tables. I don't think anyone one is seeing it. I am wondering if any dynatorch owners have had belt trouble? I have a super b and can't seem to keep them on.
Metriccar
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: dynatorch belts

Post by Metriccar »

Are they loose? If not, and they're coming off, that's a sign of not being aligned. In other words one of the pulleys is out further than the other. You may notice it falls off when running At higher speeds. I would call dynatorch to get it straightened out. See if something can be adjusted. It is something that should have been caught by an esteemed qv inspection department.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

I agree that this should be reported to Dynatorch....it likely is a manufacturing error that they need to know about ASAP. I have never heard of this happening on one of their machines....and they are a top notch quality conscious company.

Jim Colt Hypertherm
btburn
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by btburn »

I have the 4x4 Super Bee and the belts are tight and have never come off track. I do have a couple small scorch marks from hot metal landing on one side while I was setting up the parameters for my torch and such but no other problems.
Dynatorch 4x4 SuperBee, Powermax 65, Quincy QT-54, Snap On MM250SL, Thermal Arc Arcmaster 185, Corel Draw X7 and a messy garage.
MajorMetal
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by MajorMetal »

I have had my Superbee 4 x 8 since February of 2013 and have never had an issue of the belts coming off track. I had have to replace one of the belts because of a small nick. This nick was almost impossible to see yet it was causing a loud popping noise whenever the nicked part of the belt would go over the pulleys. Check your belts very closely as a nick could cause it to jump off.
quadboy
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by quadboy »

Thanks guys, dynatorch is coming out to fix it. Awsome poeple right there, its great when you have a company that stands behind there product. Its been one long road and I am glad they are willing to fly all the way out here to fix it.
quadboy
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by quadboy »

Just wanted to give an up date on this matter I had. Dynatorch came out and replace my gantry to get me up and running fast. They are just awsome people to deal with.
btburn
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by btburn »

Glad to hear you got straightened out. I've had nothing but excellent service from everyone aat Dynatorch.
Dynatorch 4x4 SuperBee, Powermax 65, Quincy QT-54, Snap On MM250SL, Thermal Arc Arcmaster 185, Corel Draw X7 and a messy garage.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”