products tech support

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
quadboy
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

products tech support

Post by quadboy »

I am about to buy a dynatorch and was wondering how there technical support is. They have been great on getting quotes and answering my questions. Also if any one has had any problems with shipping or getting there table up and running.
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: products tech support

Post by CNCCAJUN »

quadboy wrote:I am about to buy a dynatorch and was wondering how there technical support is. They have been great on getting quotes and answering my questions. Also if any one has had any problems with shipping or getting there table up and running.
Their tech support is great. :D
Once you have your table just follow the very basic instructions you receive for setup.
Anyone you talk to @ DYNATORCH will be knowledgeable.
Typically when you have a tech question you will get Russell or Mike.
Both of these guys are very knowledgeable & extremely patient.
They are full time tech support people.
Sometimes they may be out of the office doing an install, but they always answer or call you back.
They are backed up by Leon who is a tech wiz & the design engineer for all Dynatorch products including their newly released laser table which was introduced at FABTECH 2014.
Ric is the sales guy. He was originally a machine builder that moved to sales.
Anybody you talk to at DYNATORCH will be knowledgeable.
I shopped, read & asked 100's of questions for over two years before buying a table.
I visited 4 different builder's shops and Tom with CandCNC, the top dog OEM supplier & DIY plasma tables.
I visited over a dozen fab shops with working plasma tables, five of those were DYNATORCH.
Beyond the well built table & the great tech support I like the fact I do not have to use MACH 3.
DYNATORCH'S software was written for a CNC plasma table, it is not a one size fits all that can run mills, routers, lathes, etc.
There is no daily challenge of "how do I get it to do this or that".
You will find on this site a lot of people happy with other "BRANDS" & they have reason to be. All of us on here are not equal in ability and knowledge.
Take someone like SARGE, this guy could probably build a table from the ground up with a custom powder coat job in a matter of days.
Like I said previously, I think you will be happy with a DYNATORCH . . .
Also just so you will know, I have zero affiliation with DYNATORCH beyond being a customer.
Trust me, the 1/2 dozen or so times I have called in the last 6 months they were very tactful & patient helping me.
On my initial set up I ran into grounding problems as many of us do. I had multiple rods & multiple connections which Leon & Russell quickly figured out over the phone. Follow the grounding guide lines ! ! !
The only real problem I had was an intermittent one was caused by a Fiber Optic USB Cable that was probably damaged in shipping. That was replaced the following day UPS RED LABEL.
The rest were operator error. . .i.e. connect work lead to metal being cut or at least the table slats or failure to read help file before clicking feature in software.
If you have any specific questions that you want to ask about DYNATORCH, the table or the company, PM me & I will call you or you can call me. I had people do the same for me prior to my purchase.

Steve
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

While I do not own a Dynatorch I have worked with Leon for a number of years through my affiliation with Hypertherm. They are a top notch company with the customer as their top priority. I have a lot of respect for Leon who is a hands on engineer with a great understanding of the plasma process and its many applications.

Jim Colt Hypertherm
visionsfabrication
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by visionsfabrication »

ditto to all above for dynatorch . i own a super b 4x8 and it is a stellar machine, the few problems i have had have quickly been resolved by the staff in a most courteous manner. if i where buying again tomorrow without one doubt i would buy a dynatorch. i also run a thermal dynamics a60 and i find it to be a very capable machine, i have owned thermal dynamics hand plasma cutters for years with awesome service so i purchased a 60 for my table very happy so far.
visionsfabrication
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by visionsfabrication »

ditto to all above for dynatorch . i own a super b 4x8 and it is a stellar machine, the few problems i have had have quickly been resolved by the staff in a most courteous manner. if i where buying again tomorrow without one doubt i would buy a dynatorch. i also run a thermal dynamics a60 and i find it to be a very capable machine, i have owned thermal dynamics hand plasma cutters for years with awesome service so i purchased a 60 for my table very happy so far.
quadboy
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by quadboy »

Thank you guys for the info. I have connections through my work on a shopsabre but I have been waiting on a quote for weeks and if they can't get quotes out, I bet technical support is the same. Ric at dynatorch gets back to me within the hour of emailing him. So my mind is set on dynatorch. Hopefully by Christmas. I am going with 4?8 super b but like there pipe cutter for the lsx models. Maybe I can find some extra money and get a lsx model.
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by CNCCAJUN »

I have the XLS in a 4X4 and like I have said, I am happy with it.

Looked at the SuperB, but the XLS was constructed more along the lines I had come to accept were how a plasma table should be built.

Of course I now realize that the SuperB is an excellent table as well and in some ways out performs mine.

You might want to talk to Wilber in our group, he has a 4 X 8 and was up and running in no time.

Steve
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
btburn
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by btburn »

I've had nothing but good experiences with my Dynatorch and the service as well.
I had grounding issues, They helped me resolve that on a saturday, I was having issues setting up and getting the machine running and they helped out with all my issues. I had ZERO experience running a CNC plasma table and they explained it to where I had no problem getting back on track the couple times I needed help. Once you learn your machine it's easy.
I've had my machine for about 6-7 months now and have a few hundred pounds of scrap sheet in the pile from all the cutting.
You'll be happy with the machine and service.
I talked with a few other manufactures and no one was as helpful as Dynatorch has been from sales to tech it has been great.
I did research for about a year before biting the bullet on Dynatorch, for the value in machine I figured they made the best machine I could get in my budget.
Dynatorch 4x4 SuperBee, Powermax 65, Quincy QT-54, Snap On MM250SL, Thermal Arc Arcmaster 185, Corel Draw X7 and a messy garage.
quadboy
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by quadboy »

I found my quote from a couple of months ago on a xls and am trying to figure out if, I want that or a super b. I am going to be cutting some 1/2 to 3/4 so want the heavier table also like adjustable water leveling. Don't know if it's worth the extra money. Thank you to all for the input.
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by CNCCAJUN »

If you will cutting 1/2" & 3/4" most of the time I would go XLS definitely.

Curious, what do you make that requires such heavy material . . .?

Mine is built like a rock . . .

Steve
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
cstroke
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by cstroke »

Save your money and get what you want, dont sell yourself short on the size for a few dollars.
As far as dynatorch's customer service I cant imagine a better company to work with.
I've dealt with leon and rusell a few times and they are super(possibly the understatement of the year).
I've talked with ric a few times on some pricing on upgrades or a new machine and he's very easy to talk to. Not pushy and very helpful..
When I upgrade my machine dynatorch is certainly in the mix..
6’x12’ Dynatorch powermax 85
12’ Wysong brake
5’x 5/16’ wysong rolls
3.8’x10’ shear
65 Ton ironworker
Boss laser 3655 150 watt CO2.
SFX 100watt Mopa
Quicncy 7.5hp
Square wave tig, Multimatics, Miller bobcat efi.
quadboy
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by quadboy »

Attachments for heavy equipment and parts for drilling equipment as well. Hopefully I will here from ric at dynatorch tomorrow on the last and final quote and time to order. Hoping the snow back there let's up so the driver can get my table home safe. Thank you guys so much for the in put.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”