Update on my Dynatorch Super Bee

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
btburn
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Update on my Dynatorch Super Bee

Post by btburn »

So I've had my Dynatorch up and running for a couple months now and I am very happy with it.
I am a complete newbie to the CNC world so this was a big leap for me. Starting from no knowledge of the programming, drawing, etc.. I've always made templates and cut by hand with fair results that need a ton of clean up and grinding and having pretty much weld ready parts is awesome.
I've cut mostly thinner 1/8" and thinner so far but plan on cutting thicker metal for a bumper soon.
Besides a couple simple hickups while setting it up and learning the software and drawing programs the Super Bee has run flawlessly.
If I had used a Hyperthem unit instead of my existing Miller Plasma Cutter that would have helped with a couple things. The miller isn't plug and play like the Hypertherm units.
Grounding was a pain for some reason but I got it sorted out.
The support I've gotten from, Ric, Leon and everyone else at Dynatorch has been great. Even after hours and on the weekends I was able to get help while setting it up.
I make the final card payment next month and then it's time to upgrade my air compressor.
Just my .02 for others when they are deciding on a table.
Dynatorch 4x4 SuperBee, Powermax 65, Quincy QT-54, Snap On MM250SL, Thermal Arc Arcmaster 185, Corel Draw X7 and a messy garage.
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Update on my Dynatorch Super Bee

Post by CNCCAJUN »

Same here . . . Have a Dynatorch 4X4 XLS.

Leon, Ric & Russell have been really helpful & very easy to deal with for everything . . . tech support, advice, etc.

Performs really well . . . the downdraft system works far better than I imagined it would or could.

Had the typical start-up bugs.

They were mostly caused by grounding issues which according to Jim Colt is the #1 cause of hiccups on new installations for even the $100,000.00+ machines.

One other problem I had was my choice of SigmaNEST Lite vs. SheetCAM initially. I'm sure a full SigmaNEST package works well, but the lite is just that, LITE ! ! !

Oh yes, watch the tutorials - watch the tutorials . . .watch the tutorials . . .
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”