Fisherman Mermaid Scene

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
kgc1031
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Fisherman Mermaid Scene

Post by kgc1031 »

I'm asking for help again. I have someone would like for me to cut this out. I'm struggling with this. I do not want the exact but looks similar to the picture and not alot of detail. Is it possible that I can get this in a dxf file?

acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Help Please

Post by acourtjester »

There are some here who do hand tracing for hire, you may try contacting them.
Or you could try tracing paper and highlight what you want and scan that in your computer and use Inkscape to get an image to work with and save it in DXF or SVG format.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
kgc1031
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kgc1031 »

That is true I can hire someone. I also can trace which i do. I hate to say, This time I do not have time to trace. The person who is asking for this to be cut is giving me 5 days. It's a last minute gift to her husband.
acourtjester wrote:There are some here who do hand tracing for hire, you may try contacting them.
Or you could try tracing paper and highlight what you want and scan that in your computer and use Inkscape to get an image to work with and save it in DXF or SVG format.
kgc1031
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kgc1031 »

Anybody willing to try converting this in a dxf file? Please! Please!
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

I think the short timeframe is the driving issue behind no responses. Also, we don't know how big you want to cut it or what spacing your table is capable of producing. I would be in the $40-$65 range on a file like this with medium detail in a single layer but would have to know what you're looking for exactly. I am booked through Tuesday, email is Robert@490Creations.com .
kgc1031
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kgc1031 »

Thank You! You are are right the time frame I've been given. Also it being a holiday. I started yesterday on the drawing. Not a lot of detail but that's ok. She wants it about 2'w to 3'h. Let me see how far I get with the drawing today in between all my other work. I maybe emailing you for help. I also may email you what I've done with the drawing. The main part is having the man, boat, cattails and mermaid. All the rest I can come in with my designs using the grinder. After all this I have to airbrush the piece. Boy you talking about stress, this is pushing me to that point.
I airbrushed a 46" x 24' Mahi for her husband who was the happiest with his piece. In return, she wants me to do this for her husband as anniversary gift. I hate to turn her down since this a something special from her to her husband.
rdj357 wrote:I think the short timeframe is the driving issue behind no responses. Also, we don't know how big you want to cut it or what spacing your table is capable of producing. I would be in the $40-$65 range on a file like this with medium detail in a single layer but would have to know what you're looking for exactly. I am booked through Tuesday, email is Robert@490Creations.com .
kgc1031
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kgc1031 »

Here I'm going to attach what I have thus far. Contact me if you can finish it for me. Yes I'm willing to pay for a ready to cut clean dxf file. This will be 3' h oval shape. kseasmetalart@gmail.com
kgc1031 wrote:Thank You! You are are right the time frame I've been given. Also it being a holiday. I started yesterday on the drawing. Not a lot of detail but that's ok. She wants it about 2'w to 3'h. Let me see how far I get with the drawing today in between all my other work. I maybe emailing you for help. I also may email you what I've done with the drawing. The main part is having the man, boat, cattails and mermaid. All the rest I can come in with my designs using the grinder. After all this I have to airbrush the piece. Boy you talking about stress, this is pushing me to that point.
I airbrushed a 46" x 24' Mahi for her husband who was the happiest with his piece. In return, she wants me to do this for her husband as anniversary gift. I hate to turn her down since this a something special from her to her husband.
rdj357 wrote:I think the short timeframe is the driving issue behind no responses. Also, we don't know how big you want to cut it or what spacing your table is capable of producing. I would be in the $40-$65 range on a file like this with medium detail in a single layer but would have to know what you're looking for exactly. I am booked through Tuesday, email is Robert@490Creations.com .
Merdith Cross mermaid fisherman scene.dxf

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Not that it will help but it brings to mind the saying "Bad timing on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part" :lol:
If it is for an anniversary gift she knew about it long ago. :o Good Luck :)
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Here's what I came up with from what you posted. You had a lot of the detail handled.

My email above is my PayPal if you like it and want to send me something. Let me know if I can help in the future! Note: The fishing line is only 0.125" wide so if your table and kerf are not set spot on it will burn up, you may have to thicken it.
Fishing Mermaid.dxf

acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

nice work, and nice you attached the DXF file.
It shows those that need artwork done should seek you out.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
kgc1031
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kgc1031 »

acourtjester wrote:Not that it will help but it brings to mind the saying "Bad timing on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part" :lol:
If it is for an anniversary gift she knew about it long ago. :o Good Luck :)
Last edited by kgc1031 on Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kgc1031
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kgc1031 »

OMG! Is that partially my drawing? I guess I was beating myself up. The time frame was starting to stress me. That looks awesome! You are so amazing to finish the drawing for me. Definitely, I'll send you something via paypal and I would love to use you in the future. Thanks My new friend!
rdj357 wrote:Here's what I came up with from what you posted. You had a lot of the detail handled.
Mermaid Proof.jpg
My email above is my PayPal if you like it and want to send me something. Let me know if I can help in the future! Note: The fishing line is only 0.125" wide so if your table and kerf are not set spot on it will burn up, you may have to thicken it.
kgc1031
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kgc1031 »

I agree! I have to say I am blessed to have such a nice person to finish up my drawing. I will definitely be calling on Robert again.
acourtjester wrote:nice work, and nice you attached the DXF file.
It shows those that need artwork done should seek you out.
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Glad to help. Mostly just assembled what you had into the ellipse. You're certainly welcome, post a pic of the finished result when it's done! :-)
kgc1031
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kgc1031 »

Check your e-mail. Again Many many Thanks!
kgc1031 wrote:OMG! Is that partially my drawing? I guess I was beating myself up. The time frame was starting to stress me. That looks awesome! You are so amazing to finish the drawing for me. Definitely, I'll send you something via paypal and I would love to use you in the future. Thanks My new friend!
rdj357 wrote:Here's what I came up with from what you posted. You had a lot of the detail handled.
Mermaid Proof.jpg
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

kgc1031 wrote:Check your e-mail. Again Many many Thanks!
Received, thank you! Let me know if I can ever be of assistance again.
kgc1031
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kgc1031 »

Hi Robert,
You ask ME to share my piece once I was done and here it is. It turned out nice. The customer was very HAPPY! SHE CAN'T WAIT TO GIVE IT TO HER HUSBAND TOMORROW. Thank you again for helping me! Have a fantastic weekend!
rdj357 wrote:
kgc1031 wrote:Check your e-mail. Again Many many Thanks!
Received, thank you! Let me know if I can ever be of assistance again.
fiherman and Mermaid.jpg

rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Thanks for posting the picture! Most of the file making guys and gals on here love to see pics of the finished piece after you've cut a file we worked on.

Looks great, nice job!! You're very welcome for my part and thank you!
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Fisherman Mermaid Scene

Post by plasmanewbie »

WOW Robert! Your a huge help to many. Thanks for sharing!

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”