Rays Logo

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
Bscott0008
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Rays Logo

Post by Bscott0008 »

20180511_122815.jpg

Can anyone help me convert this to a drawing? Thanks

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Bscott0008
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Help to convert?

Post by Bscott0008 »

Can someone help me convert this to a drawing thanks.
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Help

Post by rdj357 »

Hi Bscott.

There are several reasons that you've not gotten any help or pointers for your picture.

First, the picture is pretty bad. When taking a picture of a small object like this, it's VERY important to be 100% straight on. Your picture is angled and makes the proportions wrong when tracing. It also needs to be on a solid background that is a high contrast from the piece.

Second, you don't say what you want to do with it. Different amounts of detail and spacing are required. If you want to cut this at 8" wide it will be a very different file from one to cut it at 24" wide.

Third, We're all just working people here too. Many of us try to help, especially to help those that are just starting out. We're human too, tell us about yourself and why you need help. Give us a little background and we'll do what we can to get you pointed in the right direction!

Here is what I did. It is the best I can do with the picture we started with. It's drawn at about 16" wide. As you can see, the quality of the file is directly tied to the quality of the image. I'm also curious as it is 3d printed, where that file is - the vector information should be able to be taken from that to get a 2d dxf pretty easily.
bays.png

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Bscott0008
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Bscott0008 »

thanks so much I know everyone is very busy as am I. I am just starting out and could use all the help I can get. Thank you very much. I am trying to learn all of this and work third shift in a underground coal mine and 2 kids that I have to run everywhere. I have a 4x8 starlab table with qcad and inkscape programs are there any programs better to use. and not sure how to take a pic and turn it in to a drawing if you could just point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. thanks again.
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Larry83301 »

Inkscape is a great place to start. Hundreds of videos are on YouTube that can help with most of the problems you will run into, BUT there are NO programs that will take EVERY picture you come up with and make a file out of every one. Most every person on this board has a GO-TO program that they start with and backup programs that they use when the first one fails. Some just start out and trace each picture and then convert to DXF from there. It takes awhile to find what works for YOU and what you can use to make a piece of art look the way you want it to, remember - This is ART and you will become the ARTIST!
Bscott0008
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Bscott0008 »

Thanks for all the help

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”