Bulldog Bull Dog

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
ETCWeld
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Bulldog Bull Dog

Post by ETCWeld »

I have several questions that hopefully I can not only get help with, but understand the help that's given :oops:

First every image anyone has brought me I can't seem to get to a cut ready file. I am using torchmate CAD and it has an option called accuscan and I have watched several videos but nothing gets me there. Even if I print it, trace it by hand and then scan that, I still cant seem to tie everything in. I know in large part is the image I'm given. I am using a school laptop and I can not download any programs to the computer with out tech support to sign off on. So what is the best bang for my buck (free is great, but reasonable I can do)

A few of the images they find on the internet and given me obviously belong to someone, but they aren't ever for sale. I wish they were so I could just tell them to buy the file and I would do it, but so far no such luck. So when the img they really want doesn't seem to be available for sale but is in poor quality, do I just tell the ppl find me a better picture? I find myself spending hours trying to get this stuff to work but as in this bulldog the back leg just doesn't scan or trace and nothing I do gets it done.

for example

East German
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: scan and trace

Post by East German »

Hello,
is a quick conversion with VCarve.
It's a start.

Regards Peter

Franz Bulldogge.dxf

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Sorry for my language! The last English class was in 1982.

Homemade CNC Plasma-Watertable
MyPlasmCNC
Hypertherm Powermax 85
Machine Torch
Hypertherm Powermax 1100
Machine Torch
ETCWeld
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by ETCWeld »

Great! Thank you.
I saw that the program looks like is costs $349.00 and I didn't see a free download option. The school Is there will most likely not spend any money until next school year so I am planning on coming out of pocket, is anyone using a more affordable option? or should I just grin and bare it now? I'm not making any money for me with the CNC. Mostly just doing things for school employees and students. If I were making money I wouldn't be so cheap as I would consider it an investment. While I still consider it an investment because it'll be saving my time, I feel the need to be cheap or at least frugal about it.

Thanks again Peter! I really do appreciate it!
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Have a look at this video I made. In it I use Paint.NET which is a freeware program much like PaintShop. You MUST get most raster images ready to be traced for best results. I do a lot of auto but mostly by hand traces. You can do these in Inkscape (also freeware) without spending any money! I don't use Inkscape but a little search on YouTube will provide you with hours of instructional videos on it.

https://youtu.be/xEzVGRxDw88
ETCWeld
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by ETCWeld »

Thank you Robert. I have tried to download that and Inkscape on to the laptop but it wouldn't let me. "Deleted irreverent text"

The tech guy just took care of it and I should be in a much better position tonight when I try to dl Paint.NET and/or Inkscape.
Thanks,
Ray
ETCWeld
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by ETCWeld »

I just wanted to say thank you guys for the help. I cut this today, and found a few mistakes, but I will fix them tonight. I just have to fix the lettering and I think it will be good

Rivard bulldog Sign 36x33.dxf

Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Larry83301 »

ETCWeld wrote:I just wanted to say thank you guys for the help. I cut this today, and found a few mistakes, but I will fix them tonight. I just have to fix the lettering and I think it will be good
Why did you stencil the letters? When you connect them like you did across the bottom stenciling is not necessary. :D

Larry
ETCWeld
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by ETCWeld »

The only reason is a stupid one... actually, it was the font that was set up already. I originally was going to put it in a 3" ring around it and just used the same text for both samples. I didn't think the guy would like this one, (I liked the other better). When I started it I was only worried about the dog and didn't give the lettering any real thought regarding the text I used until I hit "start" and saw the stupid mistake I made. What is even worse, I took the time to fix it by bridging the gaps instead of just changing the stupid fonts.

Rivard bulldog Sign 36x33.dxf

weldguy

Bulldog

Post by weldguy »

Great thread, glad to see your getting the hang of it. Looks awesome and thanks for sharing everyone.

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”