It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:16 pm

Help Wanted with drawing

If you are looking for help with a file conversion please post it here rather than in the file sharing forums.
ETCWeld

Help Wanted with drawing

Postby ETCWeld » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:05 am

I was given this image from my program advisor to see if I could cut it for her.
I'm not sure who made it for her, but she scanned it and sent it to me in a pdf.
I finally managed to get it into my torchmate software, I used the scan tool trace option and cleaned up the drawing quite a bit, but I can't manage to get the bottom of the paws and the back leg to join the rest of the fox. With that said, these aren't the dxf's, because I couldn't figure out how to share that. I actually had a different dxf of a fox and I made the sign to see if she liked it, but I would love to know what i was doing wrong.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/EasyKill_2006/Hoys%20Image.png

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/EasyKill_2006/fox%20hoy%20ss.png

Turns out I can't even post a regular img. Photobuck wouldn't let me paste the img so I'll have to figure this part out to. I will try again. Any pointers or help will be appreciated. I'll try to post better later today after I get some sleep.

Thanks in advance,
Ray

rdj357
Elite Contributing Member

Re: Help Wanted with drawing

Postby rdj357 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:47 pm

Low resolution - that would be a file to hand trace and recreate the text. You're not doing anything wrong except auto trace just doesn't always work. At the very least you'd have to use a raster editing program to draw in the parts that are much lighter and clean up the noise.

Here's a video I made that might help get you going in the right direction: https://youtu.be/xEzVGRxDw88
Robert Johnson
----- PlasmaCam 5x10 Table -----
FourNinety Creations & Learn PC, LLC

Learn Plasmacam Website
Learn Plasmacam on Facebook
Learn Plasmacam on YouTube

ETCWeld

Postby ETCWeld » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:35 am

Thank you. I appreciate the help and the video. I'm trying to do another now and I think I'm running into the same problem with it too.

rdj357

Postby rdj357 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:18 am

Post it here if you want and someone may take a stab at it.
Robert Johnson
----- PlasmaCam 5x10 Table -----
FourNinety Creations & Learn PC, LLC

Learn Plasmacam Website
Learn Plasmacam on Facebook
Learn Plasmacam on YouTube

ETCWeld

Postby ETCWeld » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:19 pm

Okay, I've tried for hours to do this myself, but I just can't seem to get the gray banner to show up when I trace it. I have a couple in my class, she's having a grill made for her husbands truck for valentines day. She wanted to include a banner like this one. I actually found a 3rd ranger battalion in dxf, but when I tried to edit it, the lettering looked awful. I tried to clean this one up it up in the only photo editor I have on my school laptop. I tried to download some programs that were recommended in other threads and the one rdj357 used in his demo video, but I do not have admin privileges so I can't.

If there's anyway I could get some help I would really appreciate it. If he wasn't a vet, I would be a lot less likely to work with the deadline, but he is so I thought I would ask.

Thank you in advance,
Ray

You do not have access to download this dxf file.
Become a Contributing Member to gain access to the thousands of files shared by our members. Click Here

ETCWeld

Postby ETCWeld » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:07 pm

I think I might have gotten it...

dmedeiros250

Postby dmedeiros250 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:09 pm

ranger.dxf
here you go, probably needs some clean up.

Become a Contributing Member to gain access to the thousands of files shared by our members. Click Here

ETCWeld

Postby ETCWeld » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:06 pm

I spoke to soon. I got it to turn the gray lines white, but when I load it into the torchmate software it wont trace it.

ETCWeld

Postby ETCWeld » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:32 pm

dmedeiros250 wrote:
ranger.dxf
here you go, probably needs some clean up.

Awesome! Thank You so much!! I will post a picture when its done.

I would love to know what i was doing wrong or what it took to fix it, but I don't want to push my luck...
Thanks Agian!!!!

ETCWeld

Postby ETCWeld » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:56 pm

I don't want to seem ungrateful, but I can't open the file. It looks my computer up every time. I went to other dxf files thinking it might be the program, but it opened them all fine. Any suggestions?

steel 35

Postby steel 35 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:59 am

Try this.

PPL HDG 4X8
Hyp 65 duramax's
C&CNC 620-5 Ethernet
Inkscape, Solid Edge, Sheetcam, Autocad 2K
Corel X7 Student NO DXF!

ETCWeld

Postby ETCWeld » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:48 pm

steel 35 wrote:Try this.

That worked great!!
Thank you very much. I really appreciate all the help. Now if i can just figure my table problems out.

Thanks again!

steel 35

Postby steel 35 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:41 am

Looks like you need to scale it up.
My machine would not cut it as is either. I didn't follow it through and check that the paths would fit and could not tell you how to with your software, sorry!
Make it bigger should cut.
PPL HDG 4X8
Hyp 65 duramax's
C&CNC 620-5 Ethernet
Inkscape, Solid Edge, Sheetcam, Autocad 2K
Corel X7 Student NO DXF!

icmplasma85

Postby icmplasma85 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:17 pm

This is cut ready around 16". Be careful if you scale it down, it may not cut the same.

PlasmaCam DHC2
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Millermatic 211 MIG Welder

ETCWeld

Postby ETCWeld » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:32 pm

sorry, I didn't see you had posted this. I appreciate it. I was able to edit the drawing steel 35 did for me and it cut pretty good once I finally got my plasma fixed. I cut my first project from plan, draw, cut with no issues earlier this week and I did another today. I spent hours watching videos on youtube only to find John Harmon - Cold Creek Works video on Torchmate CAD/CAM: Curving text. After it, I was done in 30 minutes. I really appreciate how willing everyone is to help, I hope to one day be able to be proficient enough to help pay it forward in the future

Return to “File Conversion Help Wanted”