Template help

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
jlogan73
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Template help

Post by jlogan73 »

I've been asked to do a job for a local "High End" roofing company to replicate some copper soffit. We traced the original for a pattern, now how do
I get that into my computer? Any and all help is appreciated.
Thanks

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Template help

Post by Gamelord »

I copied your picture into Corel Draw, from there I did a manual trace of the curve. Then I added a top to close the object. Then exported it to DXF. You will need to size the piece to whatever size you need as you have no measurements on your picture. I noticed two marks on the top of the curve on each end so I ended the curve at those marks and then drew the top piece to close it. If you measure your drawing between the two marks you should be able to easily scale the drawing I made up so that it is correct.

Hope this helps.
soffit.dxf

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
jlogan73
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by jlogan73 »

Thanks SOO MUCH!
I need to practice more with my corel
Shane Warnick
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Shane Warnick »

That is just a series of circles, you should have been able to measure the original and just redraw it.

Depending on the software you have, you can mount a stylus to your torch, throw the original on the table, and just trace it with the stylus while dropping points along the path at the position of the torch. Time consuming, but it works.

Shane
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

I would have thought that they would be symmetrical, but the curves are not, the two are different so I just re-drew it by hand. Took about 5 minutes to do. PRetty easy. Not sure if they should be symmetrical or not, but if you took it from a pattern then probably not. I assume that one loop is smaller because it overlaps the next tile....? Maybe? Anyways, easy to draw and hope it works for you.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
jlogan73
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by jlogan73 »

Worked well, put into inkscape and was able to make pattern I needed.
Thanks again Gamelord

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”