Used Arc Pro 12000 (THC)

Arclight Hardware discussion forum.
Tautog13
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Used Arc Pro 12000 (THC)

Post by Tautog13 »

I have an opportunity to buy a used Arc Pro 12000, but have question(s) regarding the pre 2017 THC.

1) I couldn’t immediately discern the differences between pre 2017 THC & Post 2017 THC. (In my searching here/online)
& I think asking here may return more valuable/reliable information. (Just how much better is the new vs “old”)

EDIT: I don’t believe the table is older than 2013.

2) Depending on replies to Q #1, should negotiation on price include the prospect of having to upgrade THC and possibly gantry as well?

I realize this may be subjective to some degree and apreciate any info anyone can provide......Thanks in advance.

Charlie
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Used Arc Pro 12000 (THC)

Post by tcaudle »

The major transition was in 2013 / 2014 where the controls went from a parallel port and the DTHCII over to the Ethercut cut and DTHC IV high speed THC. In 2017 the control system went from MACH3 and Windows to CommandCNC and LINUX. The DTHC IV was still used on the 2017 modle. So it depends on the model of the DTHC and the type connection from the PC to the controller . Newer units have Ethernet. There is an upgrade path for the Ethercut / MACH systems and the older Parallel port where you replace the front end logic and THC electronics and keep the power and motor-diver/motors section. So even if its the older model you can upgrade. Take those things into consideration when you buy used and you will be fine.
Tautog13
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Tautog13 »

Tom,
Thanks for your detailed reply. (I was hoping you would chime in)

If I am looking at the correct cable it appears to be of the parallel variety? (White cable coming out of black control box)

Charlie

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Tautog13
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Tautog13 »

Tom, thanks for your info on this system, I have decided to pass on this table and revisit building my own.

Best regards,
Charlie

Return to “Arclight Dynamics”