Install Considerations

Arclight Hardware discussion forum.
BanksAg
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Install Considerations

Post by BanksAg »

First off, I appreciate the willingness of everyone to share their knowledge on here. I've learned a ton scrolling through various posts, and am sure once we get our table I'll be coming back here looking for other ideas or input.

I teach in a smaller, semi-rural high school in NW Oregon. I primarily teach construction & welding; we've had a CNC router for several years, so I'm pretty comfortable with the basics of CNC, as well as handheld plasma cutting, but we've recently ordered a 4' x 4' Arclight table that we'll be getting after the first of the year. As we plan for it's arrival in the shop, I have a couple of questions:

1) How much room do you recommend giving yourself around the table for clearance, working space, etc.? I plan to make sure we have enough room to load a full 8' sheet, but I'm curious what other space considerations you give yourself. I have the location picked out, but I'm trying to figure out how to orient the table and other things around it.

2) I'm curious if there was anything you wish you had known about in the planning stages, or things I should consider in preparation for getting and installing the table. We have power (120 & 240) and clean, dry air figured out (thanks to some great threads on here), I've budgeted for a fair amount starter consumables and metal, I've been and will be watching some of the great videos Arclight offers, and will be visiting them for a training. My goal is to be up and running as quickly as possible after getting our table, so is there anything else I should be considering or planning for as I finish our preparations?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Tim Eggleston
Banks High School
Frog Island
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Install Considerations

Post by Frog Island »

I also just ordered an Arclight table with a January delivery and happen to be in Oregon as well. Arclight sent me an email just after the order that answers most of your questions. I'll try and figure out how to post it here.
Arclight 5 X 10
Hypertherm 85
Henry the dog
drossmaker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Install Considerations

Post by drossmaker »

Frog Island,

The literature that BanksAg is referring to has been sent to you today. 12.1.16. Apologies for not getting that information to you sooner. We look forward to hosting you in January 2017.

~drossboss

Return to “Arclight Dynamics”