Reviews and praise for the guys at Arclight

Arclight Hardware discussion forum.
Green Acres
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Reviews and praise for the guys at Arclight

Post by Green Acres »

I bought a 5 x 5 table with Hypertherm 85, plate marker, tracer, and router from Arclight a few months ago and wanted to take a few minutes to tell everyone how great of an experience it has been. They have been so awesome to work with, from the quote, to the finance end, delivery and most importantly, the set up and use. I early on asked if they could cut something and send it to me in the thicknesses I would cut the most, mainly 1/4". They said "sure, no need for you to buy it if it wont do what you want". I had a few pieces in about 3-4 days. The cut quality was incredible. I was sold right there. They have thought of every detail and executed them flawlessly. The sales and tech support staff are second to none, guaranteed. Not only did I purchase the best, highest quality table on the market, in my opinion, but with that came the most patient, detail oriented tech dept on the planet. The detail on the construction and workman ship is incredible too. Things like little tabs/brackets to hold the wires (ect), the wiring cut perfectly and looped neatly where needed. The whole system is truly a work of art. It is obvious they take incredible pride in what they do. I have talked to I bet everyone in tech as I got though the learning curve, which goes surprisingly quick when you have several experts a simple call away, and everyone of them can give you as much detail/depth of a subject as you can absorb. Example, I called and pressed the appropriate number for tech (who by the way actually build the tables and run them), and explained I had inadvertently adjusted a the settings on the plate marker (long story lol) The tech guy asked a few details about the table (what size, how long I had it, where I lived ect) and said "ok cool. I set that table up and did the plate marker too. I can tell you everything about it." And this type of thing goes on and on. There is no end to how great this all has went. Mere words dont do this table and staff justice at all. I hope to get out there at ACRLIGHT to do the training soon so I can meet everyone who has been so helpful. When I decided it was time to buy a table, I knew (since I had never even seen one in person before) the service after the sale was going to be extremely important. I feel like I hit the jackpot with them. And no, they haven't solicited this. I just wanted to let everyone here and the guys at Arclight how much I appreciate them and what they built for me. Still in awe by it all.
Here are a few pics of the table and the install.

The set up. Electrical box cuts off all three wires from the main lines to protect from lightning strikes. The guy who works for me says "Throw the switch Egore!!" when he turns it on lol. Also have a refrigerated dryer in line too.
Put some toolbox drawer liner on top of the cabinet to protect it while I use it as a "desk" lol
Fabbed up a aluminum sheetmetal rack to hold all my "cheat sheets"
And had a cover made for it
Thank again Peter, Bob, Joseph, and crew. YOU ARE THE BEST!!!
drossmaker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Reviews and praise for the guys at Arclight

Post by drossmaker »

Green Acres,

Thank you. We are grateful for the positive review.

~drossboss
little blue choo
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by little blue choo »

Welcome to the family Green Acres. I have the 9600 and love it.

Rick
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
Acc. Plate Marker, 4 inch Pipe Cutter, Wood Router package
Quincy Q54 compressor 2 stage, 5hp, 60 gal
Refrigerated air dryer & 4 stage filtration system
Software Mach 3, Sheetcam, Solid Edge 2D, Inkscape
Green Acres
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Green Acres »

You are welcome Drossmaker. And thank you little blue choo.
Bunker
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Bunker »

Can I ask what was your deciding factors for the 5x5?
Green Acres
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Green Acres »

Bunker, I chose the 5x5 mostly because of my limited space, and a 5x10 would never fit where I am now, and I buy sheets of material in 5x10 as often as I can because of price and less waste for what I cut. What I like is I can put a 1/2 sheet of 5'x10' 1/8" P&O plate (which I use alot of) on there. I can also put good size pieces of different types of material up there at the same time. Well, bigger pcs than if it were a 4x4. I sometimes have 2 or 3 different sizes of material up there. I also am hoping I can expand it to a 5x10' someday when I get more room.
I still cant say enough about how the staff at Acrlight has went the extra mile over and over... Helping with the learning curve and their videos is so important if you have never run one before. Their insight with the programs needed to run it... it just goes on n on. They are great.
Brand X
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Brand X »

I really hope you spend a little extra, and get some better/safer air lines.... It's cheap to do it correctly, and PVC is not really the best way to go.. It's rated for water, not air.. It will wok great, until it does not work great anymore.. Too many cheap, good ways to go nowadays .
little blue choo
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by little blue choo »

Like brand X said not the best way to go. It is not allowed by the building code here. A friend of mine had it in his home shop and was removing the race of a axle bearing with a air chisel when a piece od metal flew and hit one of his lines and BAMB! batman, it blew up sending pieces across the shop. He was luck and didn't get hurt but replaced his PVC lines the next weekend.

Rick
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
Acc. Plate Marker, 4 inch Pipe Cutter, Wood Router package
Quincy Q54 compressor 2 stage, 5hp, 60 gal
Refrigerated air dryer & 4 stage filtration system
Software Mach 3, Sheetcam, Solid Edge 2D, Inkscape
Green Acres
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Green Acres »

Due to rising concerns on the safety of PVC pipe for air lines, effective immediately, we will be lowering the shop compressed air supply pressures to below the pipe manufactures stated 480psi pipe operating pressures to a more reasonable 175psi. We also request that all acrobatics and feats of strength now be conducted in the parking lot away from the air supply. We will also be turning off the air dryers in an attempt to introduce water into the PVC pipe to more closely align with the manufactures intended use of the PVC pipe since air pressure alone exerts much more force than a non-aerated fluid and therefore poses a greater risk of catastrophic failure. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. The management.
Green Acres
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Green Acres »

Ok, but in all seriousness, thx for the posts, comments and concerns. While I would have to agree that there are more durable materials to construct air lines from and the potential for failure does exist, I must say, from experience, that I have worked in shops all my adult life (since the early 80's) and have not witnessed a failure of PVC pipe for air lines that most every one of these shops has used to one extent or another. I have heard of shops where it gets extremely cold that the pipe did become brittle and would fail, but cold temp is not a factor here. Although the new big shops I was around, were being built with metal pipe, I am sure it was for the new codes. Still lots of older places exist with pvc. I would bet, its the reactionary wear a helmet, dont drink from the garden hose,ect. mindset (because risk is there). I was born in a generation where the only time out we got was when a parent took time out of their busy day to give us a well deserved smack on the behind. no air bags, some older cars didn't even have seat belts. We learned how to be careful in potentially dangerous situations. Every now and again something shot up and hit you in the forehead. We said ow, and went back to work. We didnt call a lawyer. And if we were bleeding, we taped a paper towel to the wound and kept going. But I digress. Lets keep this thread about the great company Arclight is and we can start another thread if desired to converse about PVC.
Brand X
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Brand X »

I think everybody should have the right to use PVC piping in a incorrect way. I also think it's correct to point out to others . it's kind of silly to use a piss poor setup, when there are much better options.:)

Return to “Arclight Dynamics”