Soap suds filter

Share tips and tricks regarding cut cutting, material handling, metal finishing, marketing, or anything you find helpful.
GPM870
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Soap suds filter

Post by GPM870 »

Here is one tip I learned by accident ...by adding some laundry soap to the water table the plasma dust will sink rather quickly. The air from the torch normally caused some suds to form on the edges of the plate I was cutting. I didn't consider this a good or bad thing until one day I got carried away when I topped off the water and added too much soap. To my suprise it caused a lot of suds!! (3-4 inches tall) and sealed off the edges of the plate. The suds trapped the smoke and acted like a filter. The suds turned a dark brown so I know it was trapping some bad stuff On the next cut segment the small amount of sparks coming off the top of the plate will burst the extra foam and keep from getting too deep. It also makes the shop smell better :lol:
Gerry
I will take a quick picture of it next time I cut.
Powermax 85
Sheetcam
Mach 3
4 x 4
burntables table
JJsCustomDesigns
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Soap suds filter

Post by JJsCustomDesigns »

I read this in the other post. I was wondering how to get the plasma dust to sink quicker.... Thanks for sharing with us!
"There are bigger things planned for you in your life, be patient"

Im on the prowl for a good used Hypertherm Plasma with hand torch.
PM me with details
Thanks
GPM870
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Soap suds filter

Post by GPM870 »

Pictures show the dark brown "stuff" the suds catch. Not the perfect solution but anything that helps keep the air clean helps... and it's cheap!
Gerry

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Powermax 85
Sheetcam
Mach 3
4 x 4
burntables table

Return to “Tech Tips From Other Members”