Good way to anchor large cut outs to the ground

Share tips and tricks regarding cut cutting, material handling, metal finishing, marketing, or anything you find helpful.
trucks1948
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Good way to anchor large cut outs to the ground

Post by trucks1948 »

I want to make some larger figures and need to develop some kind of easy ,good anchoring system .By larger i mean only two to five feet tall. Anyone have any experience with something you use that you would share? i would like something other than a rod welded on the bottom .Thanks Jim
hacnwac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Good way to anchor to the ground

Post by hacnwac »

I use a round base plate quite often for the base of my sculptures. Cut 2-4 holes around perimeter and you can hammer in rods or use ground anchors. The base plate also works good if people want to set the piece on hard surfaces like concrete and pavement.
WildlifeInMetal
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by WildlifeInMetal »

Depending on how big it is? We make flowers and such for yard/garden art. We cut a piece of rebar about 10/11" and then 90 degree bend at 3 or 4" depending on the piece. Weld to the bottom of the piece, the ridges on the rebar grab the ground nicely.

Some of our work. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wildlife ... ts&fref=ts
Father and Son ... Yarden Art
WildlifeInMetal
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by WildlifeInMetal »

WildlifeInMetal wrote:Depending on how big it is? We make flowers and such for yard/garden art. We cut a piece of rebar about 10/11" and then 90 degree bend at 3 or 4" depending on the piece. Weld to the bottom of the piece, the ridges on the rebar grab the ground nicely.

Some of our work. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wildlife ... ts&fref=ts

This is in addition to the rod coming off the bottom, maybe I described what you weren't looking for.
Father and Son ... Yarden Art

Return to “Tech Tips From Other Members”