Small Parts Rack

Share tips and tricks regarding cut cutting, material handling, metal finishing, marketing, or anything you find helpful.
JWBIRONWORKS
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Small Parts Rack

Post by JWBIRONWORKS »

Not really a CNC plasma project but I thought I'd share.
I have been cutting a lot of leaf and flower patterns lately and throwing them in everything from cardboard boxes, 5 gallon buckets and ice cream buckets. I had stuff stacked everywhere. I'm not a neat freak but the idea of being killed in an avalanche in my own shop doesn't appeal to me either Anyway I used to go down to the lumber yard when there were still real lumber yards and they'd have small hardware and bulk screws and nails and things in 5 gallon metal buckets in racks along the walls and in the isles.
Right behind my plasma table just to the right of the metal rack was a corner that was full of stuff, lot's of stuff that needed a new home. So I gave stuff away and hauled stuff off and cleaned the corner out.
A local pizza joint donated 28 5 gal. pickle buckets to the project and with the exception of 2-2" x 4" x 8' studs I had all the lumber on hand. Total cost 5 bucks and some change.
I can pull the parts off the table and toss them in the appropriate bucket for later use. I can also see at a glance what I have and don't have so when I'm cutting stuff to use up the sheet I can see real quick what I can cut out.

If I could just get rid of the pickle smell now ;)

John
DPP_7301.JPG
DPP_7303.JPG

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Eagle Mtn Metal Works
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Small Parts Rack

Post by Eagle Mtn Metal Works »

Nice setup John.
Rod S in AZ
Craig
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Craig »

Good idea John. Craig Johnson
Craig Johnson
abmetal
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by abmetal »

Now that's a neat idea!

Allen
Kentuckyfarmer
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Kentuckyfarmer »

Good idea, as to the pickle smell good luck, seen a guy bring a bunch of change in the ank in a pickle bucket. Girls said counting machine smelled for weeks.
Mike

Return to “Tech Tips From Other Members”