Cutting larger odd shaped items.

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
marcnaz
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Cutting larger odd shaped items.

Post by marcnaz »

I have a large Nema electrical box (24x24x8) that I'd like to cut some square and round component mounting holes in the end/side (for connectors switches etc). I can remove my slats and water table and prop it up to the right height between the tables cross braces. Has anyone done this or cut odd shaped or items too large to sit on your slats to be cut? Since I won't have the water table, maybe a pan of water below, inside the box where I'm cutting, or a welding blanket? It won't fit on the mill either, so figure the plasma table would be better. Any tips or ideas would be welcome. I know they make punches for such things, but I don't have any and this is a one time thing.
tirediron
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Cutting larger odd shaped items.

Post by tirediron »

I've cut a piece of pipe that the diameter was so that I could not use my torch. I removed a couple of slats and this gave me the clearance that I needed. I then used the slats as a support to clamp the pipe in place. Don't know if this helps you are not - but I guess you can give it a try.

G
Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Cutting larger odd shaped items.

Post by Scratch »

I had a large electrical box that I needed to cut some holes in. It was about 14" deep, 4' tall and 3' wide. I removed my slats and laid it down in the table. worked great.
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”