It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:54 am

Arm wrestler trophies help

Share tips and tricks you know of in this forum. Plasma cutting, material handling, metal finishing, marketing, or anything that you feel is helpful.
xjustjeffx

Arm wrestler trophies help

Postby xjustjeffx » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:33 pm

Has anyone built arm wrestler trophies/plaques? I was asked to use the arms out of the attached image. I started cleaning them up and I really feel like they aren't going to look right. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Arms PDF.pdf

Arms cad.dxf

You do not have access to download this dxf file.
Become a Contributing Member to gain access to the thousands of files shared by our members. Click Here

xjustjeffx

Re: Arm wrestler trophies help

Postby xjustjeffx » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:56 pm

Any suggestions?

patc
Elite Contributing Member
Elite Contributing Member

Re: Arm wrestler trophies help

Postby patc » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:53 pm

I couldn't open the dxf file. I looked at the pdf. Is the donut shaped ring supposed to be all broken up like that, or should it be just a solid shape? Maybe you could make that a single unbroken shape, and then expand the arms out, so they are between the two lines of the donut, then delete the overlapping lines of the arms and donut making them all one part, then the inside of the arms won't fall out. A circle could be cut out the same diameter as the donut ring, with the text and table cut into it. The circle with the table and text could be cut as a separate layer. The two layers could be taped together with 3M double sided tape. Good luck

Pat

Return to “Tech Tips”