Sign Mounting Help/Tips Individual Letters on Corrugated Steel

Share tips and tricks regarding cut cutting, material handling, metal finishing, marketing, or anything you find helpful.
radnurse68
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Sign Mounting Help/Tips Individual Letters on Corrugated Steel

Post by radnurse68 »

I am making a sign for a friends new business and he wants it to mounted on galvanized corrugated sheeting. The corrugated backing is 18ft x 45in and the the sign is made up of individual letters that will be raised and backlit and attached to the backing. I plan to fab a lightweight frame out of 1" square tubing to attach it all to and it will be bolted to the brick on the store front. My dilemma is finding a process of lining up and centering and attaching the letters on the uneven corrugated sheet. I have a feeling it's going to be a huge pain in the ass. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Stephen W. Sparks RN,CRN
Creating Sparks Metal Worx
Arclight Dynamics Arc Pro 12000 5X10
Linux, Sheetcam, Inkscape, Solid Edge
Hypertherm 85
MIllermatic 175
AHP Alphatig 200X
Kool Koat 3.0 DPW

"Ridin around having a big time!"
renz5904
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Sign Mounting Help/Tips

Post by renz5904 »

In your CAD program you could create a template board for the holes over top of your design, basically draw a rectangle over it and then pick your hole placement based on letters and pieces and drop theme on top inside the rectangle where they are supposed to be. Then remove your sign design and your holes are left inside the rectangle. You could then bread this rectangle into pieces which fit on your machine and create a cut file, lay out the story board with holes on top of your sign and drill holes. Yes you will have to invest in the metal to create thelse story boards but you could do it out of 20 or 22 ga to cut costs and make it quickly. Basically have to decide what's gonna cost more, 50 dollars of metal or an extra 2 hours of laying out all your dimensions and drilling holes?

Return to “Tech Tips From Other Members”